by Alistu

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] [CD] Missing Normal Map texture for spiked dog collar

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.49.65.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? As of the date of this post I own and have installed ALL DLC packs as well as the Holiday pack.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Enter CAS and create a large dog. Go to the clothing tab and select the spiked dog collar.
What happens when the bug occurs? The adAcc_NeclaceEP04CollarSpiked collar is missing a Normal Map texture and so an oily sort of reflection is pasted over the item along with the top portion of a question mark icon displaying on the left-hand side of the collar as viewed by the player.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see correct lighting without the oily effect and a working Normal Map.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

While working on some CC I came to realise that the adAcc_NeclaceEP04CollarSpiked collar for large adult dogs is missing a Normal Map texture.

The Geometry resources for the CAS asset all reference a Normal Map texture which appears to be absent from the game files. As a result the game displays incorrect lighting creating a sort of oily iridescence with the top portion of a question mark overlayed on the Diffuse texture.

I've attached a screenshot showing the collar asset as it appears in the game unaltered on the left. The version on the right is with the references to the absent Normal Map removed.

This issue appears to have been present since release at it can be seen in CAS screenshots taken at the time.

Message 1 of 2 (974 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [CD] Missing Normal Map texture for spiked dog collar

Hero
added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 2 (872 Views)