Re: Puddles under the exam table (Veterinary Career)

by SaveZeIda

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT/A] [CD] [MOO RELATED] Puddles under the exam table

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.46.18.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Set up a vet clinic and wait for an animal on the exam table to cause a puddle. You can't see it since it's under the exam table. Clients will start to make a disgusted look with the stinky shoe thought bubble. Go into build mode and move the exam table, there should be a puddle underneath.
What happens when the bug occurs? Puddles go under the exam table so i have to go into build mode and move the exam table. Then my sim mops the puddle and then I go back into buy mode to move it back.
What do you expect to see? For puddle to not be "stuck" under the exam table so my sim can mop it up.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Set up a vet clinic and wait for an animal on the exam table to cause a puddle. You can't see it since it's under the exam table. Clients will start to make a disgusted look with the stinky shoe thought bubble. Go into build mode and move the exam table, there should be a puddle underneath.
What happens when the bug occurs? Puddles go under the exam table so i have to go into build mode and move the exam table. Then my sim mops the puddle and then I go back into buy mode to move it back.
What do you expect to see? For puddle to not be "stuck" under the exam table so my sim can mop it up.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

At first i wasn't going to post anything because i thought it was just a little annoying thing that happened but now it's becoming way more frequent. All that happens is puddles get stuck under the exam table so i have to go into buy mode every time in order to clean it up because clients are disgusted. Sometimes they get half way under the exam table so i can click on the puddle and select mop but my sim is unable to mop it because she can't get to it. The one thing i can think of that's causing it is maybe the fact that i use the move objects command so the puddle just spawns even if it overlaps another object. Honestly I don't know Thinking does anyone else have this problem? 

08-31-18_3-25-50 PM.png

08-31-18_3-26-48 PM.png

Message 1 of 7 (1,035 Views)

Hero

Sounds like it could be a moo issue. Never happened to me so far.

Could you test if you get it if you don't use MOO ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 7 (1,007 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I just did but no luck Disappointed. I took some screenshots i'll put in my original post. 

Message 3 of 7 (998 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Did you turn moo off and then place the table without moo or just turn off moo ?

Could you also try a fresh save that never had moo on for testing ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 7 (986 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I created a new save and deleted the localthumbcache and you're right the puddles are going around the exam table rather than under. Oh well i'll update this post if i find out what the problem is, most like move objects it seems. Thanks for your help again! 

Message 5 of 7 (970 Views)

Hero
I'll mark this as needs input for now.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 7 (950 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Yup it was definitely Move objects causing it! All good now (: Thanks for your help

Message 7 of 7 (936 Views)