by Tonyshot30

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] 8 point/circular Roof causes clipping with foundation height

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Nederlands
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? version 1.58.69.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Build a house with a 8 point roof and a room partily through the roof then lift up the house so there is a foundation under the house
What happens when the bug occurs? The roof forms around the house before you elevate and after you elevate the house the roof starts clipping through height (roof inside the room starts to sink/clip through the room
What do you expect to see? the roof not clipping through the room when changing the foundation size
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1T8eUlFa82IGvPM0AA1ugURLUgO_Ppqsq/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1EdPmbtMrtj2jtQ9syxMNtQLtrlFtFZRd/view?usp=sharing

Message 1 of 8 (2,095 Views)

Re: roof problem

@Tonyshot30 

Yep, I see this too. Did you test on any other roofs? I tried a couple of the others and they were fine.

1.png

2.png

3.png

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 2 of 8 (2,077 Views)

Re: roof problem

★★ Novice

Yes i have tried other roofs like the 1 side slope roof and there was no problem with that one other roofing options i didn't test.

Message 3 of 8 (2,050 Views)

Circular Roofs Clip Into Rooms with Raised Foundations

★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? gp09.31
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All Expansions All Game Packs except Parenthood All Stuff Packs except Moschino, First Pet, Toddler, Kid's Room, Romantic Garden, Luxury Party
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1.Go into to build mode 2. Create a room at ground level 3. Add any of the circular roof types to room (Circular,Hex,Oct, or Pentagon). 4. Add a second floor on top of the first 5 Raise the house foundation some blocks high This bug has been present since at least before Eco Living
What happens when the bug occurs? At a certain height the room interior stops concealing the roof, and the roof will become visible inside of the house obscuring Sims, inside furniture, and structures.
What do you expect to see? All roofs including those of circular design should be invisible inside of rooms no matter the height of the foundations. Roofs of other design stay hidden no matter how high the foundation is raised.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

circular_roof_bug_1

circular_roof_bug_2

Message 4 of 8 (1,655 Views)

Circular Roofs on Raised Foundations Obstruct Ground Floor Placement

★★★★ Apprentice

I also want to note: Circular roof types also have and issue that seems related to this.

If you put a circular roof on the floors above the ground floor (for example, having a 2 or 3 story house on a high raised foundation), the bottom floor will complain stairs and other structures are obstructed by the roof and cannot be placed. Even with the roof far above by 2, 3, or more floors.

Message 5 of 8 (1,619 Views)

Re: Circular Roofs on Raised Foundations Obstruct Ground Floor Placement

Hero
@willprot I merged your post. and adjusted the title for this one.

There's also a similar thread here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Roof-clipping-through-walls/td-p/9256109/

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 8 (1,604 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] 8 point/circular Roof causes clipping with foundation height

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I've been trying to figure this out for nearly 2hrs, had no idea this was my issue! 

I'm building a mansion and on the 3rd floor I have 2 circular roofs, amongst many half gables. The gables are clipping fine, but the circulars aren't. I thought the room was my issue so I tried them in the garden, and everything worked fine. The weirdest bit for me was that I have a circular roof almost right beneath on the floor below and that is having no trouble clipping even with the foundations. The mansion is on quite a serious hill using foundations, and I only noticed it once raising the house up. 

Would be great if this could be fixed, but thanks for this thread, I'm glad I'm not going insane and found others!

Do you know if the Sims Team are aware of this/trying to fix it?

Message 7 of 8 (1,306 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] 8 point/circular Roof causes clipping with foundation height

[ Edited ]
Hero

@UvThe1st They are aware of every thread in this forum but I don't know what they're doing with it. I don't have an insight on what they are working on when and what their internal status is.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 8 of 8 (1,277 Views)