Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] 100% fire chance on Cursed lots

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats and Dogs, City Living, Get Famous, Get to Work, Get Together, Seasons, Dine OUt, Jungle Adventure, Outdoor Retreat, Parenthood, Spa Day, Strangerville, Vampires, Kids Room Stuff, Vintage Glamour Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Give the lot the "Cursed" trait. Try to cook any item that requires the stove/oven to create. Try to "Warm Self" near the fire place.
What happens when the bug occurs? Every time a sim tries to cook something using the stove/oven a fire starts. Similarly, every time a sim warms themselves by the fire, a fire starts.
What do you expect to see? I expect that sims should be able to cook food or enjoy the fireplace without starting a fire every time.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. After the 1.52.100.1020 update

Since the patch, I noticed that every time my sims interacted with the stove to cook something, or with the fireplace, a fire would break out. I tried cooking with a lot of different sims with different skill levels and with different stoves. Each time, a fire would start. My lot has the 'Cursed' trait, so I decided to test that. I changed it with a positive trait ('Great Acoustics' if that turns out to be a factor). After this change I was able to cook food without fires starting all the time. 

While I've found a temporary solution, I like to play on my cursed lot! I'm fine with playing with a higher risk of fire. However, 100% fire chance isn't that fun. This issue could be related to the higher chance of combustion that other people have reported. 

Message 1 of 6 (4,376 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] 100% fire chance on Cursed lots

Hero

Sims on cursed lots will no longer always catch fire in all attempts while using the Fireplace or the Stove.
○ Looks at SimGuruMorgan with an Evil Grin.

Fixed in Patch 1.59.73

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 4 of 6 (4,043 Views)

All Replies

Hero
Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 6 (4,257 Views)

★★ Guide

I have this too.  After the patch, in the house with a Cursed lot trait, both the not-too-skilled teen and my L10-cook caught on fire when cooking, both at the oil-drum bbq-grill outside and the upgraded stove inside.  Was able to save the sims' lives but not the oil-drum or counter inside.  Removed the lot trait as I figured that was the source of the problem, but pre-patch I'd not had this issue.  I'd prefer to keep the lot trait, but fires every time they cook regardless of experience level is over-the-top.

Message 3 of 6 (4,199 Views)

Hero

Sims on cursed lots will no longer always catch fire in all attempts while using the Fireplace or the Stove.
○ Looks at SimGuruMorgan with an Evil Grin.

Fixed in Patch 1.59.73

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 6 (4,044 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I have this bug now with cursed lot trait

Message 5 of 6 (3,954 Views)

Hero
@comicsforever Could you please make a new thread ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 6 (3,945 Views)