by nicolareed

Original Post

Re: 100% fire chance on Cursed lots when cooking

Hero
@comicsforever Nah, I'll just reopen.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 11 of 29 (926 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Yum Cooker: 100% fire chance on Cursed lots when cooking

★★★★ Guide

the issue is not just with the yum cooker the u pro cook also burst in to flame when used with cursed lot trait no mods new save file

sim with cooking over skill 3

Message 12 of 29 (887 Views)

100% Fire Chance on Cursed Lot

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.67.45.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Discover University, Island Living, Get Famous, City Living, Get to Work, Get Together, Realm of Magic, Strangerville, Jungle Adventure, Vampires, Dine Out, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat, Moschino, Fitness, Bowling Night, Glamour, Movie Hangout, Perfect Patio
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Give the lot the "Cursed" trait. Try to cook using a stove/oven. Try to "Warm Self" near the fire place.
What happens when the bug occurs? Every time a sim tries to cook something using the stove/oven a fire starts. Similarly, every time a sim warms themselves by the fire, a fire starts.
What do you expect to see? I expect that sims should be able to cook food or enjoy the fireplace without starting a fire every time.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. After the update prior to 1.67.45.1020

For the last two patches, every time my sims interact with the stove or the fireplace, a fire breaks out. I tried cooking with different sims, skill levels, and stoves. Each time, a fire starts. The lot has the 'Cursed' trait. After removing the trait, I was able to cook food without fires starting every time.

Message 13 of 29 (873 Views)

Re: 100% fire chance on Cursed lots when cooking

★ Apprentice

I’m seeing this on my cursed lot. I’ve tried several different stoves. And several sims on the lot. Including the nanny. My sims have a 10 cooking skill and 100% of their attempts end in fire. And the insurance is not near enough to keep replacing lol

Message 14 of 29 (818 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] 100% fire chance on Cursed lots when cooking

★★★★ Apprentice

This is happening to me too, 8 meals and 8 fires from  two Sims with level 7 cooking skill and using two different stoves: Cooking-U Pro and London's choice.

I thought the last patch had bugged my game until I realised it was the cursed lot trait causing this.

Message 15 of 29 (776 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] 100% fire chance on Cursed lots when cooking

★★ Novice

I have this as well, cooking on cursed lot = guaranteed fire

Message 16 of 29 (760 Views)

Re: 100% Fire Chance on Cursed Lot

★★★ Novice

I'm also having this issue with the Cursed lot trait--100% fire chance when cooking, no matter the Sim's cooking skill level or the stove I'm using.

Message 17 of 29 (715 Views)

Fire every time my sims cook

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.72.28.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? while cooking
What happens when the bug occurs? every time a member of the household cooks over a stove they catch fire.
What do you expect to see? cooking process should go as predicted.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I've created a household using regular sims creation without any additions and moved them to Glimmerbrook. Whenever a member of this household cooks over a stove (not the cheap ones), they catch fire immediately regardless of the level of cooking skill. They've been living on salads since they moved in. It's really irritating.

Message 18 of 29 (767 Views)

Re: Fire every time my sims cook

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

I usually make my poor Sims live on garden salad and fruit salad until at least cooking level 3, maybe even cooking level 5.  Kitchen fires are, alas, ubiquitous at low level cooking. 

Things that can help prevent fires:

1. Don't let them get ravenous.  Any kind of negative mood (sad, uncomfortable, angry, tense) will make them more likely to start a fire.  If they're ravenous, make them get a quick meal (a sandwich, etc.) instead.

2. Let them get barely into the yellow with hunger, then have them take a thoughtful shower first.  This will make their food higher quality and they'll learn cooking faster. (Inspired mood boosts cooking.)

3. Just don't let level 1 or 2 cooks use the stove.  (Garden salad and fruit salad before then, sorry.)

It sounds like you're already doing #4, which is that the Yum Cooker used to be the most reliably lethal object in the game until City Living gave us the USED Yum Cooker.  If your stove has + cooking skill, all the better.

Also, if you don't have a smoke detector and sprinklers, buy some.  They can save your Sim's life. 

Oh! 5. If they need fun, sit them down in front of the TV and have them watch the cooking channel.  It helps!

Message 19 of 29 (762 Views)

Re: Fire every time my sims cook

Hero
@muhannad1988 Is your Sim in a tense mood ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 20 of 29 (728 Views)