Re: Loading Screen Frozen When Trying To Start Game

by SimQARobo

Original Post

Sims4 stuck on loading screen xbox

★★★ Newbie

It lets me sign in to mine then it just stays on the blue loading screen. I've tried Uninstalling and reinstalling. I even did that thing I saw where I put my consol on offline mode. I've tried getting rid of all the extra packs. I even tried deleting all my catche for the game!!! I tried restarting the consol and cleaning the disk. I just dont know what to do. Other games work on my Xbox. Just not this one. 

Message 10 of 32 (1,544 Views)

Sims 4 stuck on loading screen XBOX

★★★ Newbie

The Sims 4 won’t load after I select the profile I am choosing to play on. Started today I was able to play last night and all before that. I am on Xbox series X and S I own both and play on both. NEITHER CAN GET PAST THIS POINT. I don’t even get to see the Home Screen. I have cleared cache and restarted the system also have attempted to go offline and start it that way but I play the game through EA play so it doesn’t work. I have also payed for 80 percent of the dlc’s so I don’t want to lose those or something (as a side note) someone please help thanks!

Message 11 of 32 (1,541 Views)

Re: Sims 4 not loading on XBox One Feb 25 2021

★ Guide

I let it run for two hours (got busy with other things and forgot I had it going). It finally installed. I haven’t tried running a second time yet but my advice right now for the first time is just let it run in the background for however long it takes. Some people on Twitter said the same thing. Hopefully it loads as usual the next time I try and was just related to the update install. 

Message 13 of 32 (1,544 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Can everyone still having this issue please try to go offline to start their game. Make sure your console is set to home so your DLC loads while offline.

• Deactivate/Reactivate your Device as Primary/Home XB 
Spoiler
Before you can reinstall a game, you must first uninstall it from the console's hard drive. To uninstall a game:
  1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide, then select My games & apps and then Games.
  2. Highlight the game you want to uninstall, press the Menu button, and then select Uninstall.
You can then reinstall the game by inserting the disc or downloading it again from the Microsoft Store. To download the game again, go to My games & apps > Games and then select the game title from Ready to install.

Message 14 of 32 (1,505 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
EA Sims Team

Marked as Solution for Visibility. This is still an open issue.

Hello.

Here's another workaround you can try for this issue:

1. Go to Manage Game & Add-ons > The Sims 4 > Saved Data
2. Delete Reserved Space
3. Launch Sims 4 again

If that doesn't fix it, you can try the steps to "Physically power cycle the console" on this page: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-network/power/restart-or-power-cycle-console

And if that doesn't fix it either, you can try re-installing Sims 4 and all DLC packs.

If none of the above fixes it, then something else is going on.  The team has not been able to reproduce the issue being described on this thread, but is continuing to look into it.

EDIT by crinrict: Added solution banner

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 15 of 32 (6,009 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@savmoney666 Are you still having this issue?
Message 16 of 32 (1,397 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

Same here, exactly the same spot. however mine gets to 3/4 of the way but not any further. 

is this just the game having problems after the update? i really want to play, has ea mention anything about fixing it?

I waited no joke 1h 40 minutes because of how desperate i was to play, but it just never got anywhere.

im used to freezing problems while loading and playing but after the recent anniversary update, it freezes on 3/4 of the way and doesnt get further than that.

mine stops at 3/4 but still doesnt get any further.

I've waited for about 1h 40 minutes once( i was desperate to play) but no luck.

Same i played rdo and gtao as well as fortnite, but sims wont work

its the same for me, im starting to think its sims itself and i hope that ea will fix it soon !!

i did this, waited for about the same time as you, but when i wanted to play again it wont load, and ive waited just as long again if not even longer :/

[CM - merged posts together, please remember Don't spam or flood boards!]

Message 17 of 32 (1,355 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@Gamer_Sims_111 Please read this post here and do the troubleshooting. https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/XB-Loading-Screen-Frozen-When-Trying-To-Start-Game/m-p/1011307...

If this does not help, please let us know! 

Message 18 of 32 (1,304 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Do you think it could be on the sims' side because alot of players have been complaining the past week after the anniversary update and all of them has the same issue as me .. 

Message 19 of 32 (1,298 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Thank you for the help by the way ! 🙂

Message 20 of 32 (1,295 Views)