[NEEDS INFO] Weird pool and fountain reflections, can't see "inside" the pool

by casch97

Original Post

Re: sims 4 zoomed pool water texture problem

[ Edited ]
Champion

@RedAmuThank you for the screenshots. This helps a lot. Is it possible on your graphics settings to select a higher resolution? Also, please tick the box that activates "Post Processing Effects" in the graphics settings that you screenshot, and select 'ultra' in graphics quality. Then please save and re-start your game and see if it helps. Also, do you have Mods or CC? I look forward to hearing how it goes.

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 21 of 45 (966 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thanks for your reply, I changed the settings and checked in "Post Processing Effects". but it only gets worse like cloudy.. (picture name: pool 5).
The settings are at their highest (picture name: settings)
I have both mods and cc very many I can say.
Do you have any idea of checking the mods/cc out in any way without removing them from the folder?

Message 22 of 45 (918 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@RedAmu Thank you for the screenshots and information. There was a different player previously with this issue who fixed it by reinstalling their graphics drivers. If this doesn't fix it please try the following to see if your Mods/CC are causing the issue:

• Exit your game then exit Origin. Drag the Mods folder from your 'The Sims 4' folder onto your desktop (for future reference) then delete the localthumbnailcache.package file in your 'The Sims 4' folder. Also delete any other folders in the 'Sims 4' folder with word cache in the name. (When you restart the game it will automatically create a new Mods folder.)
  • Next run a game repair [ Open Origin, click 'Game Library' then right-click Sims 4 > Repair Game ]. Make sure to let it run until it has completed all repairs (it will do the base-game first, then run through each of your expansions/packs).

Do not re-add any or your Mods or CC at this time. Please then restart your game and do not enter your previous game-save but begin a new game. See if the issue is present in this new game-save.

If this fixes the issue you can re-add your Mods/CC one at a time to see which were conflicting with the function/causing the glitch - but do not re-add the old config file from the old mods folder, as it is possible for it to have become corrupted. Since you have a lot of Mods or CC you can do so by via the 50/50 method. Please click the spoiler tag for directions on the 50/50 method:

Spoiler

The 50/50 Mod troubleshooting method:

• Divide your Mods/CC from the folder on your desktop in half.
  • Add one of the halves back into the game’s Mods folder. Now re-start the game and see if the issue is still gone in the vanilla/new game-save you made.
  • If the issue did not re-appear with those added Mods/CC you can try adding the 2nd half from the desktop. If the issues did re-appear, try only adding half of those mods and see if the issue is present in the game...
  • Continue in this pattern dividing the folders’ contents in half then half again as needed to eliminate in groupings which Mods/CC are causing the issue.

Once you find the Mods/CC that are causing the issues, check with the Mod/CC creators for updates that may fix the issues. Note: Do not re-add the old config file from the old mods folder, as it is possible for it to have become corrupted also.

Can you please share what your GPU (Graphics Processing Unit) is? Thank you. Please let us know how it goes. 

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 23 of 45 (899 Views)

Hero
@RedAmu I merged your post with the other reports on this.

Are you on PC or Mac ?

Could you post your specs ?

For Mac: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-4-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting...

For PC:
- Press Windows-Key + R
- Type: DxDiag
- Click on Save all Information.
- Attach the Text File to your post

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 24 of 45 (872 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hellp thanks for helping me I got an laptop pc and here is my DxDiag attached.

(It is in swedish Sorry)

Message 25 of 45 (820 Views)

Hero

As you have a dual card setup, could you please also attach a file called config.log and attach that as well ?

Also try updating your graphics drivers for the Nvidia card. Maybe that fixes it.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 26 of 45 (815 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Thanks everyone For all the help but it was just a simple setting that needed to change the Graphic setting to Ultra, was a bit blind and didn't look.😳

thank you all for everything and sorry for so very simple problems ...😳

Message 27 of 45 (805 Views)

Re: Weird pool and fountain reflections, can't see "inside" the pool

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I have the same issue, I managed to fix the reflections going through the whole screen myself, but it's still in pools, water in worlds, fountains and some objects. I can't seem to get rid of the bug :/

I also updated, reinstalled my GPU Driver, so that shouldn't be the problem.

It also goes away by turning off Edge Smoothing, but then everything looks.... Yeah, pretty bad.

Any way to fix this without turning off Edge Smoothing?

Images showing the issue:

Message 28 of 45 (746 Views)

Hero

Could you post your Computer's DxDiag?

To gather a DxDiag on your computer, please follow the steps here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

You can attach the txt file to your post directly. 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 29 of 45 (718 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi I have the same problem as others. I tried to reinstall the drivers but i cannot. Please help!

Message 30 of 45 (643 Views)