by casch97

Original Post

[NEEDS INFO] Weird pool and fountain reflections, can't see "inside" the pool

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.59.73.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get Together, Spa Day, CatsandDogs, City Living, Holiday celebration Pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I don't think you can, it occurs in my game on every property and for pools and fountains.
What happens when the bug occurs? The reflection of pools and fountains goes all crazy, they reflect objects inside my house or plants far away in 10x magnitude. Also, when I try to place lights etc. inside the pool, I am unable to see them.
What do you expect to see? The pool should either not reflect anything at all, or reflect its surroundings in a normal way (not sure which of these two is the case in TheSims4).
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I have uploaded some pictures and a video of the issue on my Google Drive account :

[edit: email address removed]

The link to download the files is :

(Removed the link showing personal info) - Atic 

Message 1 of 45 (1,746 Views)

Re: Weird pool and fountain reflections, can't see "inside" the pool

@casch97

Could you please post a couple of screenshots or video showing the glitch?

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 2 of 45 (1,719 Views)

Hero
@casch97 I know you already uploaded them but they were removed as personal info showed.

You can upload them directly to AHQ.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 45 (1,683 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

@crinrict @Bluebellflora I haven't figured out how to attach them directly to the post because everytime it tells me the files are too big. I've tried adding in the link to the photos and videos in the word document attached. Could you tell me if this is working please?

Happy 2020 to you too!

PS: I'd gladly accept any ideas into how I can attach pictures to my post. When I created the post, it told me file sizes were too large and that the solution is to upload them to Google Drive. However, if I can't even post the link to the Google Drive, what do I do?

EDIT: I removed the link as crinrict suggested. He kindly posted the pictures for me.

Message 4 of 45 (1,675 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@casch97 You need to resize them in an external file before uploading.

The google link has personal info on you. If you want to use google drive, it's best to create a anonymous account or remove your name from it.

EDIT: Posting your pictures for you

Capture d’écran (15).jpg

Bild2.jpg

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 45 (1,662 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@crinrictThank you! I shall try that the next time, can't be that hard :D.

Message 6 of 45 (1,651 Views)

[SOLVED] "Ghost" reflection over whole map

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.59.73.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I have no idea to be honest, it never did this and now it does this on every world, no matter if i create a new game or load an already existing household.
What happens when the bug occurs? There is a weird "ghost" screen reflection of sorts. I see the whole world again, zoomed in over my whole screen. It moves along with my camera when i move it. I haven't played the game in a while so I dont know what caused it, but I did have some updates before I booted the game. We also got premium lately, and it did some special bundle updates as well... maybe that caused it? Im honestly not sure Frown
What do you expect to see? A normal, clear screen.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Also I play in Czech, but that wasnt an option in the language tab, so I checked picked English.

Message 7 of 45 (1,771 Views)

Re: "Ghost" reflection over whole map

Hero
@Zuzkas77 Looks a bit like this issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Weird-pool-and-fountain-reflections-can-t-see-quot-inside-quot....

Do you agree ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 45 (1,737 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@crinrict  It is similar, but in my case it shows not only in pools and water reflection, but over the whole screen. But it looks exactly like that, zoomed in map over the whole thing.

Message 9 of 45 (1,731 Views)

Hero
@Zuzkas77 Have you tried clearing your cache files and repairing the game through Origin ? Does it also occur on a fresh save?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 45 (1,727 Views)