Re: [TEST] Vegetarian Sims make meat-based meals when they try to auto-solve hun

by crinrict

Original Post

[NEEDS SAVES] Vegetarian Sims make meat-based meals when auto-solve hunger

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have every expansion pack; all the game packs except for Parenthood; and the Laundry Day, Movie Hangout and Backyard Stuff Stuff Packs. I also have the free Celebration and Guitar packs.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Create a vegetarian sim. Then, make sure the sim has full autonomy. Let the sim autonomously solve their hunger
What happens when the bug occurs? The vegetarian sim, about half the time, will go to the kitchen to cook or go to pick up prepared food at a gathering and will choose the meat option even when vegetarian options are available.
What do you expect to see? The vegetarian sim selecting to make a vegetarian meal or pick up a prepared vegetarian meal.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I have seen this happen time and time again without and with mods. Nothing I've seen fixes it because it isn't currently a reported bug. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the game many times, and it still happens.

When my vegetarian sim acts autonomously to fill its hunger need, it goes to the kitchen and, about half the time, will start preparing a meat-based meal. Eating that meal subsequently makes her sad. Why would a sim purposely do something that makes them feel bad? I'm pretty sure the moodlets are something about nausea and betraying your morals.

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 21 (4,329 Views)

Re: [TEST] Vegetarian Sims make meat-based meals when they try to auto-solve hun

★★★★ Guide

I've noticed this in my game as well. I've also noticed if I click the veggie sim's hunger bar, she won't distinguish meat from veggie (just gets first available), but if I click "get leftovers" she'll pick the veggie dish.

Confession: If I'm in a mischievous mood when my veggie sim does this 'glitch', I won't stop her from eating the dish and may even do an "I told you so" when she gets sick. (so bad, I know...lol)  >;D

Message 2 of 21 (4,243 Views)

EA Sims Team

Hello @bookmaster325 @flowersnlyrics

Which meat dishes exactly are the vegetarian Sim preparing and eating?

Also, would you be willing to share your save files?

If so, instructions are here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 3 of 21 (4,204 Views)

Hero
Giving this a nudge

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 21 (4,179 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I don't recall every time what was made. I remember one meal was eggs&bacon.

Not sure if my save file will help though as I keep putting a mod back in for my own gameplay (MC Command Center). 

Message 5 of 21 (4,169 Views)

★★★ Novice

@bookmaster325

My sim tries to make eggs and bacon, too. Additionally, when she looks to fill her hunger need during one of the City festivals, she will pay for and eat meat-based dishes without me directing her to do so. I have autonomy on "full."

@SimQARobo

I won't mind sharing my save game. I have one mod, but I removed it for this save file. How do I share it?

Message 6 of 21 (4,147 Views)

EA Sims Team

@flowersnlyrics

Instructions for sharing saves are here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 7 of 21 (4,119 Views)

Hero
Tagging @flowersnlyrics for save again

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 8 of 21 (4,087 Views)

★★★ Novice

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1zKhumeUyNn8nZOUqdkNdf0Z7Tioprc4o

Here is my save file. Sorry it took me a few days!

Message 9 of 21 (4,064 Views)

Hero
Thank you for the save

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 21 (4,051 Views)