by TheSteelRodent

Original Post

[NEEDS INFO] [V] NPC vampires never behave like vampires

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.58.63.1010 (64 bit)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all DLC
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Invite a NPC vampire over, whether as a regular guest, as part of an event, or part of a club gathering, or just go visit them. It doesn't really matter how they come to be on the lot. What's important is that it's not a player controlled vampire. Then observe their behaviour.
What happens when the bug occurs? 1) When the vampire gets hungry they'll go through the animations like they're starving and show the icons above their head like they need food, but they never bite any nearby sims or do anything whatsoever to feed themselves. 2) During the day the vampire will run outside and stand in the sun, and even when they start to burn they will not seek shelter or make any attempt to get out of the sun. Instead they'll stay in direct sunlight until they die. 3) Vampires low on energy will never do anything to recover energy on their own. They won't nap, won't meditate, and unless they're on their home lot they won't attempt to sleep. Only when lured into bed (by woohooing) will they stay asleep for a while.
What do you expect to see? I expect the game to treat vampires like vampires, and respect their unique limitations and needs, instead of completely ignoring that they're vampires.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I'm not entirely sure if vampires always acted this way or if it's gotten worse, but it is really annoying that the game is actively trying to kill off all the vampires in town because it completely ignores that they are vampires and have special concerns.

I don't necessarily want vampires in my town when I'm playing normal sims, but they are there and I expect them to behave like vampires. Especially the fact the game leaves them out in the sun all the time is super frustrating. Even in Minecraft monsters will actively run to hide from the sun, but in Sims vampires will just stand in the sun and ignore that they're literally committing suicide by doing it.

When my sims have vampire friends, I always expect them to eventually ask for blood, but they never do, and yet they walk around like they're starving and about to die.

I hate to call it immersion-breaking, but I don't know what else to call it. All the other occult mostly just get special abilities that can safely be ignored and they can usually pass as human (aliens still won't die if they're not in disguise), but vampires have their special needs and limitations that will kill them if ignored, and the game is constantly ignoring them. Even when they're in my active family, the free will keeps ignoring that they are vampires.

Message 1 of 4 (849 Views)

Re: [V] NPC vampires never behave like vampires

Hero
@TheSteelRodent Could you make one thread for each of these issues

The second one had a thread here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-V-NPC-Vampires-stay-out-in-the-sun-too-long/td-p/5851121 and that was fixed a while ago so it would bre really sad if it was back (make a new thread for this)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 4 (722 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INFO] [V] NPC vampires never behave like vampires

Hero
@TheSteelRodent Would be really great if you could split this up.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 4 (669 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INFO] [V] NPC vampires never behave like vampires

Community Manager

Hi @TheSteelRodent,

We ask members to keep bug reports dedicated to individual issues because we'd need to test each issue separately and gathering information becomes murky otherwise. Could you please create a bug report each for the 1st and 3rd issue? The 2nd issue has an existing Bug Report: "NPC Vampires stay out in the sun too long/ are idle"as Crin mentioned above. It'd be great if you could click the 'Me Too' button under that thread and join in with any additional insights too. I'll close this report here.

Thanks

Lanna

Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 4 of 4 (656 Views)