Original Post

Accepted Solution

[OPEN] UI background extends in CAS

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.58.63.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? In CAS (either cas.fulleditmode or non cheaty) click on any category of sims clothing, hair etc.
What happens when the bug occurs? Some sims (so far Olivia Kim-Lewis and Lillith Pleasent - townie version from DU) have an extended and off center background UI. (image attached) this only happens when you click on the categories and the categories within. For example Tops > T-shirts.
What do you expect to see? The background of the categories in the right spot as before.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I have noticed it with the DU patch however someone else I know had the issue come with the IL patch.

Images attached to show what I am describing.

Message 1 of 11 (2,031 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: UI background extends

★★★★ Apprentice
@moonrosemother Interesting fact.
Resetting options.ini did fix this issue.
I have however not managed to find which setting actually triggers it, but I suspect it has to do with the UI scaling.

View in thread

Message 2 of 11 (1,982 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Apprentice
@moonrosemother Interesting fact.
Resetting options.ini did fix this issue.
I have however not managed to find which setting actually triggers it, but I suspect it has to do with the UI scaling.
Message 2 of 11 (1,983 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

I reset my UI scaling and that did indeed fix the issue. now lets hope they fix it in the next patch lol

EDIT: i'll keep the post up if someone else has this issue.

Message 3 of 11 (1,947 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

According to patch notes today, this should be fixed.

I'm not done reading those yet though, but I can check once I'm done.

Message 4 of 11 (1,718 Views)

Hero
@itsug That would be great. I find the notes on this a bit inconclusive if it's this or another issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 11 (1,716 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Dangit, I was kind of hoping that would be the issue they fixed, but it is still there.

This was not what they fixed apparently. (all mods still deactivated when I checked so no mods or cc installed)

Message 6 of 11 (1,700 Views)

Hero
@itsug Thanks for checking.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 11 (1,697 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Could anyone experiencing this issue possibly share their Options.ini file? The Config.log and a save file would also potentially be helpful. You can DM the link to me, thanks for the help!

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 8 of 11 (1,587 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Sorry for the long wait I didn't get a notif saying someone replied. Here's the 3 files you've asked for. It should be cc free as I removed the mods before sending - UI background still extended without mods. 

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1-WB6BqTktT25wjduzbK_SHNR_CrDZHFh?usp=sharing

Message 9 of 11 (1,484 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INFO] UI background extends in CAS

★★ Novice
@moonrosemother This happens to me too, specifically when I scale down the UI.
Message 10 of 11 (1,397 Views)