Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Sims get stuck during serenade interaction

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.54.120.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have all packs installed except Vampires.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Every time my sims sing to each other everything stops and they get stuck until I cancel the action.
What happens when the bug occurs? all of my sims in the room even the NPCs on the lot "T" out and get stuck.
What do you expect to see? My sims to sing to the other and the action ends they go to the next queued action.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. this start after the latest patch.

Every time my sims serenades her spouse, every one on the lot including the NPCs freeze until the action is canceled. Once the action is canceled every sim goes to the next queued action.

Message 1 of 49 (4,729 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] Sims get stuck during serenade interaction

Hero

Going to mark this as fixed as with the new reports I'm seeing of serenading causing different issues, I think that means that this is fixed.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 48 of 49 (3,647 Views)

All Replies

Re: My sims get stuck during serenade interaction

Hero
@tmborah1976 I see this has already 2 me toos but I can't duplicate this so I needs some more info

- What kind of Sim is your Sim ? Mermaid ? Also for the Sim you sing too
- Can you duplicate this on a different household ?
- What world are you playing in and does hit happen everywhere ?
- Are you just singing or using an instrument ? If it's the latter, which one ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 49 (4,640 Views)

★★ Guide
@crinrict I have this issue. Just a regular Sim and this happened a few times it was autonomously queued.
Message 3 of 49 (4,629 Views)

Hero
@hestiah23 So similar to the homework freeze.

@tmborah1976 was yours also autonomously ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 49 (4,622 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

@crinrict They range n ages but all are regular sims. They r standing not using any instruments. Yes full autonomously. And all of my sims live on the island from the last EP.

I have tried n 3 different households all full autonomously all have the same thing happen.

(Posts merged by CM)

Message 5 of 49 (4,586 Views)

Hero
@tmborah1976 Does it happen if you tell them to serenade or only if they do it on their own ? Just to be sure.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 49 (4,577 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@crinrict No worries, I will try to queue it and see if it happens. But only on autonomously queued singing action I have seen it. If that makes sense.
Message 7 of 49 (4,560 Views)

Hero
@tmborah1976 Makes a lot of sense as the homework freeze also only happens if autonomously done.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 49 (4,551 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I know this was not directed to me but I thought I would chime in since I have had it happen in more that one household.

I have had this issue with 2 households, same save file though.  

1st Household lived in Newcrest. 2 Humans, no instruments, autonomous action. The whole household would get stuck if they serenaded each other, which was at least once a day. It was a 7 sim household, very annoying. Both sims were creatively inclined so I think that is why they did it so much. 

2nd Household lived in Sulani: Mermaid and human, autonomous action again, would happen a lot less but it did happen a few times. 

This only started happening to me when I installed Get Famous and Island Living a few weeks ago (I got them on the same day), or I should say that is when I noticed it happening.  

Message 9 of 49 (4,421 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I've been having the exact same issue. Unless I keep both sims busy (they're a married couple), they will serenade each other nonstop and cause the entire house to freeze until the action is cancelled.

Message 10 of 49 (4,350 Views)