[FIXED] Sims get stuck during serenade interaction

by tmborah1976

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] Sims get stuck during serenade interaction

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Has anyone got a solution to this yet? Its driving me insane! The game is practically unplayable at this point because they wont stop serenading each other! I cancel the action and they do one other thing and then go back to trying to serenade. Its sooooo annoying. The other sims in the house have been late for work or passed out or peed themselves so many times now because time still passes but no one can do anything. I've already re-installed and no luck. Frown 

Message 11 of 49 (2,356 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I have had this problem since the latest patch on September 10th. However, so far it's only affected one of my saves. The mom is human and the dad is an alien. The mom will just autonomously start serenading the dad and everyone on the lot freezes. It's not even the regular serenade action she performs. This one starts as the regular serenade would but it doesn't stop unless I manually cancel it, and only her mouth is moving while she's singing. Trust me, it looks odd to say the least.

I have all but Moschino Stuff installed and I don't play with script mods, if that is of concern. The sim in question is a Symphonic String Player (level 8 music career) and her singing skill is 7.

I took a quick video of the odd serenade.

Message 12 of 49 (2,331 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I also have this issue

Message 13 of 49 (2,296 Views)

Re: My sims get stuck during serenade interaction

★★★★ Expert
@crinrict It's happened to me quite a few times. I ended up turning it off with MCTuner. It's happened on multiple worlds, multiple saves, multiple occults, but always on automated interactions. I've never told them to do it.

What happens is a sim will decide on their own to serenade another that they are already romantic with. The serenade starts, and half-way through, their animations freeze. The characters stop moving but you can still hear the singing. I can release them by doing a shift-click and reset on the sims. But I had to do it all the time so I ended up just disabling the automated interaction.
Message 14 of 49 (2,284 Views)

★★★ Novice

Yep, happens to me too. My info as best as I can answer (not near my computer at the moment):

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have all packs installed except Moschino and Realms of Magic
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Allow a Sim to Serenade another Sim autonomously.
What happens when the bug occurs? all Sims will be unable to complete in-process actions or initiate new ones.
What do you expect to see? My sims to sing to the other and the action ends they go to the next queued action.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods?  IIRC, one cc of aviator glasses which were disabled after the latest patch and never re-enabled.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system?Unknown - possibly with latest patch? Can't swear by it. If it predated the patch, it wasn't by a lot. Maybe when Island Paradise went on sale? That's the last DLC I installed. Maybe it involves the mechanics of mermaid singing (even though I have no mermaid playable sims).
Please describe the patch or change you made. See above.

Additional info:

Custom home built in Newcrest. Most frequent culprit is young adult human male sim with 9 or 10 singing skill who is a soulmate with a young adult female alien (with singing skill of ~7 iirc). Unmarried, but she is a caregiver to his 3 kids (who were the result of 2 alien abductions...aliens seem to like him!). There is also a sixth sim subletting in the household (young adult human male sim with no strong relationship to any other household members).

I think I've seen the female serenade and lock once or twice as well. It's at the point that the stimulus of hearing the song, the immediate response is to cancel the singer's action.

Message 15 of 49 (2,259 Views)

Sims Freezing when someone serenades

★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? PC 1.55.108.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to work, Get Famous, Get together, Dine out
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Either a sim (player owned or not)) will autonomously serenade other sims or manually serenade a sim then switch control to another sim
What happens when the bug occurs? Everyone will freeze, no actions will be completed, and everyone stops what they are doing
What do you expect to see? Fix this bug as it is annoying, as any sim who serenades another sim will freeze the entire neighborhood, so far cancelling the serenade action or resetting the sim, (if NPC sim) is the only way to fix it
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. not really sure on this one, but this bug only happened when the september 5 patch or when realm of magic was first released

pic for attention

Message 16 of 49 (2,227 Views)

Re: Sims Freezing when someone serenades

Hero
@Chimichanga128 Merged your post with existing bug report.

Please click me too on the first post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 17 of 49 (2,217 Views)

★ Guide

you are not alone, really annoying, especially when you have to find the sim doing it

Message 18 of 49 (2,215 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I have this issue in more than one household now.  It completely freezes all sims in game until the sim who is doing the serenading is done unless you cancel out the action.  I've only noticed it because it only happens when it is done autonomously.  All packs installed.  It also happens with or without installed mods.  

Message 19 of 49 (2,185 Views)

★ Expert

Same issue here. With, or without mods. All gameplay freezes for all sims until I manually cancel the interaction. I can always tell when one of my sims is serenading- because all other sims are frozen and can't do any interactions.

Message 20 of 49 (2,147 Views)