Re: [OPEN] Sims get stuck during serenade interaction

by RipperRurrix

Original Post

★★★★★ Apprentice

Also have this same problem. It’s not too big of an issue when it happens on a lot with a small family, but when it happens on a public lot it’s a problem because you have to search for the culprit.

Message 31 of 49 (1,885 Views)

Re: My sims get stuck during serenade interaction

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

"Me too. I play on a Mac but same issue. It is only autonomous serenades. As previously mentioned, halfway through the sim stops moving but the song goes on and the household freezes. It is only since the last patch."

^^^^^ Same thing just started happening to me on my Mac. Only since last update.

It seems to be the biggest problem during Club gatherings.

Message 32 of 49 (1,864 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have this problem too, I keep having to look for serenading sims and find them as every other sim becomes stuck until it is cancelled or finished. My household seems to serenade at least 20 times a sim day and on public lots its worse. I've also found that sims have now also started getting stuck when going to play an instrument and have to be reset before the game becomes playable again. I really hope this is addressed quickly as it is frustrating to try and play with my sims as the game play keeps getting stuck.

Message 33 of 49 (1,830 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I have just started getting this issue also. This started happening last night for me, when I had bought the city living pack, before this, none of this had happened and now my sims just keep singing to each other and freeze in place. I have to keep pausing the game and then canceling the action but it's such an annoying thing that my sims can't get singing up without them freezing in place.

Message 34 of 49 (1,752 Views)

Sims freeze when serenading

★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.56.52.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have Island living, city living, cats and dogs and get to work. Realm of magic, jungle adventure, vampires, spa day and outdoor retreat and spooky stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Waiting until the sims start serenading each other or have them serenade each other. Any other sims around them will continue to do what action that they were doing, however will be stuck in a loop until the serenading is finished.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims randomly serenade each other which then cause the sims to freeze in place, time still continues to go, which results in missing school/work.
What do you expect to see? The freezing to stop during serenading to allow proper game play
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. This started happening after I had bought city living pack.

So when my sims serenade on their own, they simply freeze in place, this goes for any other sim that is around them also. The sims continue to do the actions in a loop that they were doing, such as cleaning dishes etc and are stuck in this position until the serenading is finished or I cancel it myself. A lot of the time, this issue has caused my sims to be late for school/work and even relationship lose and it's becoming annoying now.. I have also tested having the sims serenade each other, to see if it still happened and it did. I have seen that others have had this issue, my only fix i've been able to use so far is pause the game and cancel the actions.

Message 35 of 49 (1,734 Views)

Re: Sims freeze when serenading

Hero
@Koramie I merged your post with the current bug report.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 36 of 49 (1,718 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I also have this problem, I don't know when exactly it started to happen but I did recently got Realm of Magic and before that, Island Living, when I installed Island living my game had various bugs I had to fix either with the sims4 studio or by deleting cc. 

I'm not gonna describe what so many people already did in detail but I do want to add that it might have something to do with cc because when I deleted some corrupted cc I got back the hug in romantic interactions that my sims kind of jumped and skipped it when I ordered them to do it, I'm going to check that out but if it's not that then I hope this post gets an answer soon because it is annoying Disappointed I also am unable to select a book from a hang shelf but this action is still available on a normal bookshelf, so that's why I think it might be cc related Wondering

Also, I haven't tried to make a sim serenade another on purpose because I don't want to intentionally provoke a bug, and because this happens on autonomous I thought it would happen if I made them do it too Oops 

I'll keep this answer updated!

Message 37 of 49 (1,636 Views)

★ Novice

The work-around I found for this was to download and install MCCC, then update each sim in the household to have Singing skill level 0 (which worked fine even though the note says values are 1-9).   This removed the singing skill from each of them and they have (so far) stopped constantly Serenading one another.

Just be sure not to perform any singing actions once you do this or you'll re-learn the skill and just have to go back and do it again.

Message 38 of 49 (1,564 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@Mirage459That would be great but I like the karaoke bars and such places or singing at the piano. And I do have MC Command. 

Message 39 of 49 (1,550 Views)

Hero
Is anyone still seeing this ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 40 of 49 (1,442 Views)