Re: [OPEN] Sims get stuck during serenade interaction

by TheSteelRodent

Original Post

Re: My sims get stuck during serenade interaction

★★★ Guide

Me too.  I play on a Mac but same issue.  It is only autonomous serenades.  As previously mentioned, halfway through the sim stops moving but the song goes on and the household freezes.  It is only since the last patch.

Message 21 of 49 (1,725 Views)

★ Apprentice

Yes, this is happening to me, too. Very annoying, especially since it gets every Sim on the lot to freeze. EA needs to fix this ASAP!

Message 22 of 49 (1,718 Views)

★★★ Novice

Having the same problem on console as well, so it has nothing to do with mods or occult.

Message 23 of 49 (1,688 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Me too. This happens when the sim serenades autonomously and also when I say to do so. But only if they do it without an instrument. Every Sim in the neighborhood freezes, not just at home, until I cancel the serenade or reset the Sim that is singing or listening.
It happens with vampires, aliens and regular Sims, and doesn't matter the map. Wherever they are, if someone, even an NPC, start a serenade, everyone freezes.

Message 24 of 49 (1,615 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I am having the exact same problem and I too noticed that the whole neighborhood freezes. My sim-husband does that at least 3 or 4 times a day and it is incredibly annoying, especially in my household full of people and pets.

Message 25 of 49 (1,571 Views)

★★★ Guide
@crinricttmborah1976 Yup. Noticed this too. The sim singing cant finish the action and everyone else waits for them to finish before moving on. One of the reasons for the simulation lag problem is the interactions that stick and everyone has to wait.
Message 26 of 49 (1,545 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Guide

I've been seeing this quite often recently. I never bother doing the serenading because I find it annoying - takes too long and it's the same two songs over and over - but many of the NPC sims like to serenade, only when they're done the sims get stuck and the serenade shows as it's still going.

It is possible to reset the sims out of the serenade and get the game going again, and when my controlled sims get serenaded I can cancel the action and after a few seconds they break free. It is does not appear to matter what kind of sims they are, though I mostly have normal and vampires.

Message 27 of 49 (1,529 Views)

★★★ Guide

- What kind of Sim is your Sim ? Mermaid ? Also for the Sim you sing too>>>>>>> Just a regular sim.. it has happened to all of my sims across all of my saves....
- Can you duplicate this on a different household ?>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Yes
- What world are you playing in and does hit happen everywhere ?>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>All worlds
- Are you just singing or using an instrument ? If it's the latter, which one ?>>>>>>>>>>No Instruments 

May be a bit late to jump on this issue but it is still happening.

Message 28 of 49 (1,488 Views)

★ Guide

Game is current as of 2019-10-15. My sim will stand ramrod straight as he serenades his wife, and everyone else comes to a screeching halt.

There's a No Autonomous Romantic Serenade mod at MTS, but it's old. I am going to try TURBODRIVER's simulation unclogger mod to see what happens after work.

Message 29 of 49 (1,447 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

I have had this happen several times in one save. My sim ran a restaurant, Chez Llama placed in Windenburg, and a particular premade townie always serenaded their partner when visiting (Anaya Jang, CL). They sat at a table, nothing else moving except their lips, and time stopped.. 

My workaround is to pause/unpause the game continually during the song, since that lifts the spell. Saving, exiting the game, clearing cache works too. 

Message 30 of 49 (1,435 Views)