by crinrict

Original Post

[NEEDS INFO] Sims Freezing/not moving/Time goes on

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.136.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions except getting famous All game packs except parenthood, jungle adventures, and outdoor retreat Stuff packs: Bowling, Kids room, Movie, Patio,
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play the game for an hour, sometimes less
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims stop moving or doing anything, time keeps going. the game is not frozen, just the sims. Resetting the sims does not work, they just stand there. exiting the game and going back in is the only way to fix it.
What do you expect to see? the sims don't freeze
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I already tried repairing the file

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 87 (6,127 Views)

Re: Sims Freezing

★ Guide

hi ayla5421, I used to have this problem all the time. It turned out to be my laptop overheating. Once I got a better cooling fan to sit under the computer then this didn't happen. I am not sure if you have the same cause I did. But it might help. 

Message 2 of 87 (6,092 Views)

Hero
@ayla5421 Does it happen once you're using the ingame computer ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 87 (6,038 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@Reekyteek it just happened again, my computer was not even warm.
Message 4 of 87 (6,014 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@crinrict It has happened when I use the in-game computer, but it has also happened when my sims were standing around talking, or just now when my sim was going to craft something at a workbench.
Message 5 of 87 (6,009 Views)

Hero
@ayla5421 The computer is a known issue. Please use this thread: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Time-Freezes-When-Any-Computer-on-any-Lot-is-Hover...

Could you post your Computer's DxDiag?

- Press Windows-Key + R
- Type: DxDiag
- Click on Save all Information.
- Attach the Text File to your post

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 87 (5,981 Views)

Hero
@ayla5421 Could you post your specs ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 87 (5,942 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

my sims freeze in other cases.  it is not dependent on the task. Also time keeps going for mine, my sims just stop doing things.  I can still interact with everything in the game.  this is a different bug.

Message 8 of 87 (5,908 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@ayla5421 Could you check your config log file if the game uses the card and not the chip ? You can open the file in a text editor and check what card is listed.

Also did you delete the localthumbcache file after removing mods as well as a game repair ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 87 (5,893 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I did try game repair.  I will try removing the localthumbcache file.

Message 10 of 87 (5,851 Views)