[NEEDS INFO] Sims Freezing/not moving/Time goes on

by ayla5421

Original Post

Re: [NEEDS INFO] Sims Freezing/not moving/Time goes on

★★★ Newbie

I'm having the same problem. I've had to quit the application in order for the sims too move. However after 15mins they froze again!!! 

Message 61 of 87 (1,935 Views)

Re: Sim task freezing and not completing

[ Edited ]
Champion

Hi @adymock !  Sorry you're having trouble.  Is this a new issue or has it been happening the entire time?  If it's new, when did you first notice the freezing occur? 

I too occasionally have sluggish performance where my sims will freeze.  This can be caused by low memory.  I suspect this could be the issue for you since pausing the game solves the issue briefly.  It makes me think there is something happening in the background.  Perhaps your computer is attempting to update or perhaps there are other processes running which interferes with TS4 performance.  Check if you have any browsers open with websites using a lot of ads and such.  Check your task manager processes to see if there are any memory hogs running. 

Maybe also try these steps:  Exit, then repair the game (right click on the game in Origin and select repair) and allow the repair to run for all your packs, it may take a while to complete;  Close all applications / windows, then restart computer;  Double check processes in Task Manager;  Open TS4 from Origin and test for freezing.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Please help other players:
Add XP to posts you think are helpful.
Click Accept As Solution for posts that resolve your issue.
Happy Simming!

Message 62 of 87 (1,941 Views)

★★ Novice

I already tried repairing the game, that did not help. When I play there is nothing else running on this PC. 

I noticed it first about 3 weeks ago and it has gotten progressively worse. I do not use this PC for anything but the SIMS. 

I have checked task manager to make sure my system was running smoothly and did not find anything that would cause this issue

Message 63 of 87 (1,934 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@adymock  Hmm ... welll that's frustrating.  The issue might be something a bit more technical then.  Please follow these instructions to provide your DxDiag.

How to gather information on your PC using DxDiag (ea.com)

In the meantime, I wonder if clearing your cache might help.  This link has instructions for that.

Clear cache to fix problems with your games

Edit: It looks like your post was merged with an existing bug report.  It still might be helpful to post your DxDiag.  Good luck!  I hope you're able to fix your game!

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Please help other players:
Add XP to posts you think are helpful.
Click Accept As Solution for posts that resolve your issue.
Happy Simming!

Message 64 of 87 (1,928 Views)

★★ Novice

Ok I have attached file here 

Message 65 of 87 (1,887 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I tried clearing the cache but when I typed the command in the window it said it could not be found. Did several times to make sure I had not incorrectly typed anything. 

Triple checked that the desktop app was not running in the back ground. This is super frustrating as I am really unable to do anything with my game other than build.

I can see my thread was merged with a much older bug thread. If this issue has been going on this long with so many players it cannot be my system. I have checked that my machine is more than capable of handling the game. 

Message 66 of 87 (1,881 Views)

Frozen Sim

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? latest
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? magic, vampire, city, beach,tiny stuff, knitting, work
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? don't know
What happens when the bug occurs? My sim froze and I could not travel the action bubbles for tasks would briefly appear and then vanish. I deleted the floor my sim was standing on and then my sim could travel and responded to commands normally again. I did notice before this occurred that sometimes sims picture bubbles would be blank and then the picture would appear but they would still perform the commands given. I have also been getting this thing recently where my sims appear to teleport in one case I think back to where they were previously.
What do you expect to see? I expected my sim to move normally but even when I tried to delete the previous command the x appeared but it would not allow me to give new commands and my sim remained frozen
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Do I need to take further action? How serious is this bug?

Message 67 of 87 (1,824 Views)

Re: Frozen Sim

★★ Guide

This happens to me very open lately. It seems to be caused by lag. It makes the game barely enjoyable anymore. 

Message 68 of 87 (1,789 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INFO] Sims Freezing/not moving/Time goes on

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

This happened to me a couple of days ago, my sims were frozen and time kept going, I tried pausing the game, clicking the menu button a couple of times, and using the "reset sim" cheat on some sims. Eventually the game paused. I have not encountered this before so maybe this has something to do with the recent patch? (1.71.86.1020)

I was playing the Akiyama household at their house in MT. Komorebi and I was celebrating harvestfest and a bunch of gnomes spawned a lot of seeds and it was also raining outside. I was guessing it could maybe be my CPU so I checked my CPU activity but I think it was lower than 100% (100% means that the CPU is working a lot) I have a i7-4790K, 8 cores so it can usually handle the sims4 pretty well.

When I got control back to the game I removed the seeds and the gnomes and I have not encountered the bug again after that.

Message 69 of 87 (1,777 Views)

Re: Frozen Sim

★★ Novice

I don't know if this has anything to do with it or not but...I have a shortcut to the SIMS on my desktop as well as the origin app to launch the game. I stopped launching the game through the Origin app and just used the shortcut on my desktop and haven't had the problem since. I tried everything prior to this that was suggested and nothing worked. 

So my assumption is, is that there is an issue with Origin and how the game loads/runs

Message 70 of 87 (1,745 Views)