Sim freeze, game continues in background.

by Grusgang

Original Post

Re: Sim Freezing, Game Continues to Run

★ Novice

On PC and Windows Laptop. Neither has mods.

Message 41 of 87 (1,028 Views)

Re: Sim Freezing, Game Continues to Run

Hero
Would you mind sending me one your save ? Instructions in my signature

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 42 of 87 (1,023 Views)

Re: Sims "freeze", reset doesn't work.

★★★★ Novice

I followed the link you attached. The game was fixed up until I added my saves folder back into the game. I checked the game after adding each folder so I know it's something with my saves...

I tried to clean up my saves folder a bit because there was almost 300 files in there so I kept the main save and the backups with .ver# 

The freeze/lag is still there after doing all this. Disappointed

Not sure what to try next...

Message 43 of 87 (1,068 Views)

Hero
@CJustine910 Is it on all households in your save ? Maybe it's some routing issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 44 of 87 (1,039 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@crinrict  Yes I only have the one household

Message 45 of 87 (1,022 Views)

Hero
@CJustine910 Did you try another just for testing to see if they also have issues ? On the same save ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 46 of 87 (1,013 Views)

Sim freeze, game continues in background.

★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Svenska
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 165771020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have all of them.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try to cook meal of ex ham or fish. Sometimes eating a meal, using the computer at work Police officer Savefile available.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sim will freeze and progressbar will stop at the exact same place everytime. Time will continue, background movement will continue ie TV, trees, other sims. This also happens whem sim tries to eat a meal, use computer at work etc.
What do you expect to see? Sim to finish making meal/eat meal/use computer without freezing.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I´ve tried removing all mods, repairing the game. The problem started showing on and off after buying knifty knitting, and are now present in this save 100% of the time. I´ve tried starting a new game - no problem. (in others saves I´m not yet using knifty knitting if that is of interest.)
I´m afraid to play any of my other household as I don´t want this problem spreading in any more saves..

Attachment
Download this attachment
Message 47 of 87 (993 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@crinrict yes I tried another household on the same save and it’s working fine! So I guess it’s my household? Not sure what to do

Message 48 of 87 (954 Views)

Hero

I've merged a few threads together.

Could everyone provide the following files to QA (as asked by Nick in this thread)

• Config.log (found in your doc folder)
  • Your affected save game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 49 of 87 (951 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hello, I have the same problem. I tried resetting the game to factory setting but still not working. 

Message 50 of 87 (919 Views)