Re: Sims Frozen

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: Sims "freeze", reset doesn't work.

★★★ Newbie
@quixoticies I am having the same issues.

My sim just stands there or sits there doing nothing for sim hours and hours. After almost every task my sim actually does complete, he would freeze for hours and hours. Resetting and fixing the game doesn't work.

This started happening after I purchased and downloaded one of the packs (not sure which pack.)

It's really making the game unplayable..
Message 31 of 87 (1,252 Views)

★★ Novice

Mine started after I purchased and downloaded Nifty Knitting, actually. Terrible way to get people to buy more packs Frown

Message 32 of 87 (1,248 Views)

★★★ Pro

Same as me I had to disable the pack I had 3 Sims stuck outside the showers in the oasis gym and freezing in front of sinks.

Message 33 of 87 (1,236 Views)

Sim Freezing, Game Continues to Run

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.65.77.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All Expansions except Famous. All Game Packs except Dine Out Stuff Packs: Knitting, TinyLiving, First Pet, Toddler Stuff, Kids Room, Romantic Garden, Cool Kitchen, Perfect Patio, Luxury Living
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play game, generally within the first five minutes, character freezes, then even if you resetsim, or try to cancel actions, Sim stays frozen, or unfreezes and refreezes.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sim will freeze.
What do you expect to see? Sim will not freeze.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I have my Origins account on both a Predator Gaming Laptop and a Desktop Windows Gaming PC, it occurs on both. I have tried deleting all game files and Origin and reloading each. Also tired Repairing game files. Never used any Mod's on either computer. It is only the character freezing, I can interact with game and ask sim to do things, but they do not move.

Message 34 of 87 (1,191 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@leooftheyear I finally got around to test your save and i can see the freezing in that household. I switched to another and the game seemed fine then.

It might have to do with the cats. Can you maybe give them up for adoption for testing purposes to see if you have less freezing (on a backup). Just for science.

There's a thread on that here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-CD-Simulation-Lag-with-Pets/m-p/8201357

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 35 of 87 (1,138 Views)

Re: Sim Freezing, Game Continues to Run

Hero
@cyndiratoms171 Does your household have any pets ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 36 of 87 (1,166 Views)

★ Novice

Nope, this household is one single sim unmodded. And on my laptop household, it’s one sim and one pet. In both situations only the humanoid sim freezes.

Message 37 of 87 (1,153 Views)

★ Novice

I removed the cats from both files and it still froze, I have a cat in a different save and it doesn't have the same issues. Any other suggestions?

Message 38 of 87 (1,117 Views)

Hero
@cyndiratoms171 You are on PC right ? Cause you put console for the mod question. Just wanting to make sure.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 39 of 87 (1,135 Views)

Hero
@Leooftheyear001 I've tested another household in the game and there was no freezing there so maybe it's some routing issue.

I also noticed it happening when one Sim was trying to take a shower so maybe replace the two showers you have ?

Do you see it in other households in that save as well ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 40 of 87 (1,101 Views)