Re: Sims "freeze", reset doesn't work.

by Grusgang

Original Post

Re: Sims Frozen

★ Apprentice

I have a lot of moo and also a toddler that keeps wanting to play dolls with the adults.

Thank you for making me aware of what’s causing my sims to freeze Standard smile 

Message 21 of 87 (5,332 Views)

Sims "freeze", reset doesn't work.

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.65.70.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? - Eco living - University - Island living - Get famous - Seasons - Pets - City living - Get together - Get to work - Magic - Strangerville - Vampires - Parenthood - Knitting - Tiny Living - Holiday stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Not sure - it started occurring for me randomly.
What happens when the bug occurs? Within minutes of opening the game, my Sims freeze at the task they're doing (e.g. if they're cooking, the animations stop too, if they're finishing writing a book it will go over 100% and not finish the task properly). I can cancel the task they're doing and if required they stand up etc, but they won't do any tasks I set for them, they just stand there. The click and reset doesn't work, nor does the typed reset sim cheat. This isn't just them taking a long time to do their next task, they're completely frozen aside from some animations. I can sometimes resolve it by moving the sims out of their house and back in again, but this problem crops up again within minutes.
What do you expect to see? The sims being able to start new tasks, or continue their tasks as normal. Not just standing there.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Within minutes of opening the game, my Sims freeze at the task they're doing (e.g. if they're cooking, the animations stop too, if they're finishing writing a book it will go over 100% and not finish the task properly). I can cancel the task they're doing and if required they stand up etc, but they won't do any tasks I set for them, they just stand there. The click and reset doesn't work, nor does the typed reset sim cheat. This isn't just them taking a long time to do their next task, they're completely frozen aside from some animations.

I can sometimes resolve it by moving the sims out of their house and back in again, but this problem crops up again within minutes.

This first occurred with CC, but occurs without it too.

The game is completely unplayable. My sims freeze usually within a minute.

Also please note - the sims never unfreeze. I've waited a while, but it doesn't happen at all - so it doesn't seem to be the same issue people had before with them unfreezing and the clock going back.

And all my Sims freeze simultaneously - not just one at a time.

[Posts merged by CM]

Message 22 of 87 (5,537 Views)

Hero

HI @quixoticies 

Try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

After renaming, repair your game by right clicking on the game in Origin.

Try on a new game with nothing added back first (start new game). If it works, put back your save game and try again. If it still works, you can start putting stuff back.

• Options.ini (or just re-set all your settings manually)
  • Tray Folder
  • Screenshots/Videos/Custom music
  • Rest of the save games (leave out slot_00000001.save which is the autosave and no longer needed - if you still have it)
  • Custom content like clothing, hair, skins, make up ....
  • Mods (one by one, making sure they all still work)

The rest does not need putting back, cause they are mostly cache files that recreate or log files that are not needed for the game.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 23 of 87 (5,463 Views)

★ Apprentice

I have the same problem as @quixoticies .

I tried following the link you recommended.
I choosed the same world, the same occupation. No problem, the sim could cook, he could do his task at work etc.
Added ONLY my save file back, and the problem is back.
I`m guessing the save is the problem?

Message 24 of 87 (5,410 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@quixoticiesOmg my game is doing this too and it’s so annoying. Even if I just try to press pause there’s such a lag.

it also keeps resetting my aspiration progress. 

Message 25 of 87 (5,385 Views)

Hero
@leooftheyear I haven't been able to test as I need permission to download the file. Could you set it so I don't ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 26 of 87 (5,284 Views)

★ Novice

you should be able to open it now - i tried a new save and haven't been able to replicate the issue, so im not sure if its the file or ???

Message 27 of 87 (5,263 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Leooftheyear001 I'll check this tomorrow

There was a patch just now so check if it got any better and let me know if it did.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 28 of 87 (5,254 Views)

★ Apprentice

I have a similar problem with one of my households.
The progress bar freeze or does not start at all, while my sim just stands there and twitches a little bit
This happens with everything from toilet visits, cooking, and tasks at work Police officer that include computers or the bulletin board.
It also happens while watching TV, etc.

I have tried clearing the cache, resetting the game, repairing the game.
I have tried to move the household but the problem remains.
I dare not play any other of my save files in case the error should occur there as well.
However, a brief test of another save file gives no indication that the problem is there.
I have also tried to start a new game and there I can not repeat the error.
This is incredibly frustrating as my sim has come a long way in her career, I do not want to give up this household. Frown

Any tips or ideas, and I would be so grateful..

I have the latest update, all expansion packs and I´ve tried removing all my mods as well. The problem has occurred in the last 3-4 days and now it is not possible to play at all.

Message 29 of 87 (5,239 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I'm also having the exact same problem.

Message 30 of 87 (5,327 Views)