Re: Sims Freezing

by ayla5421

Original Post

★ Guide

I had this issue in big/full houses. Does hopping into build mode solve it?

Message 11 of 87 (1,266 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Novice

It did not work.  I am getting the error very consistently now by going to the park with a large group and talking to them.  Although like I said, this is not the only kind of thing that causes the Bug to happen.

Message 12 of 87 (1,262 Views)

Hero
@ayla5421 There are several known causes that can cause freezes.

In parks it's very often Sims doing homework and trying to chat at the same time: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/TO-ADD-Freezing-during-homework/td-p/6704327/

What happens if you click ESC or household manager and come back, does that unfreeze the game ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 13 of 87 (1,245 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
Message 14 of 87 (1,215 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hi @ayla5421 could you send me your save file where you're seeing this issue, so that we can investigate? Your Config.log (located in \Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4) would also be helpful. You can DM me the link to your files, thanks for the help!

Instructions on how to send me your files:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 15 of 87 (1,189 Views)

Sims Frozen

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.65.70.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Eco, University, Island Living, Seasons, Cats & Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get To Work, Jungle Adventure, Parenthood, Dining Out, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat, Knitting, First Pets, Toddler Stuff, Bowling Night, Kids Room, Cool Kitchen
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? play the game
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims will freeze, but everything else keeps moving (eg time, background) and i have to reset the sim, switch to buy/build or save to get them 'unstuck'
What do you expect to see? the sims don't freeze/get stuck
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I started noticing this bug on tuesday-ish and it has a little better, but the sims still freeze & time continues running.

Message 16 of 87 (1,554 Views)

Re: Sims Frozen

Hero
@leooftheyear Does it start after something specific happens ? There's several reasons for this. A known one is if a teen/kid autonomously starts doing homework. There was also a freezing issue when clicking on the computer but that should be fixed.

Often it's also houses that have lots of moo used so could you test the following scenarios if you have the same issue (just for testing, keep your old)

- Different household (preferably in a premade house)
- Fresh save game

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 17 of 87 (1,506 Views)

★★ Novice

i started a new save and haven't been able to replicate. With my old save when i moved from from city living to a different neighborhood, the lag wasn't as bad but it was still present. 

Nothing specific right before, they just get stuck 

Message 18 of 87 (1,463 Views)

Hero
Would you mind sending me your save ? Instructions in my signature

Let me know which house you had the most issues with.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 19 of 87 (1,443 Views)

★★ Novice

file sent, thanks!

Message 20 of 87 (1,395 Views)