by crinrict

Original Post

[NEEDS INFO] Shadow performs sim actions with no sim present

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Island Living, Seasons, and My First Pet
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a sim go to an event off residential lot.
What happens when the bug occurs? Not sure if this is the right place, but here goes. Just finished another test. Sim went out to the opera with a friend sim, one of those rabbit hole 'I got tickets, want to come?' things. Sim walked off lot to go. Game speed stayed at 1, not speed up as expected. A short time later a shadow-like thing suddenly appeared in sim's living room, fluttered over to the chess table, and began playing with all the usual animations. Sim's portrait in the lower bar was greyed out, and had been once the sim left the lot. Shadow thing did various other things before going to bed, including gaining a skill point. Could hear sim's voice, but no sim seen. Decided enough was enough so bailed without saving, thinking that when went back in would start at prior save point. Wrong. When went back in the sim was back, and at the place where had bailed out. The gained skill point was there, too. So not only was there all that odd behavior, but the game saved when it should not have under ordinary circumstances. Something else the June patch broke?
What do you expect to see? Sim to walk off lot, game speed go to 3 while sim gone, sim return and time back to 1 When exiting a game without saving, when re entering game it should be at the last prior save point, not where one left the game.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. June patch, which happened automatically

Above data should be enough.  Took screenshots, but have no idea how to include them.

Message 1 of 15 (1,052 Views)

Re: Shadow performs sim actions with no sim present

Hero
@OldeSimsFan you can attach screenshots direclty to your post by using add file. Make sure they are not too big.

Did you try if moving out and back in makes them visible again ?

Have you tried the automatic backups and are you sure you didn't save by accident ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 15 (1,025 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Screenshot is of when the phantom 'sim' stopped playing chess and went to do something else.  This was at roughly 9:300PM sim time, when sim was still at opera (left to go there ~8) & portrait greyed out.  As noted in the post, the sim re appeared when I went in after exiting.  I presume that is what you meant by move out and back in.  An not sure what you mean by an automatic back up.  Am positive did not save by accident.  I was nowhere near the buttons for doing that in the upper right corner.

07-15-19_10-19-36 PM.png

Message 3 of 15 (996 Views)

Hero
@OldeSimsFan Since there's two issues you're addressing, I think you should make a different thread for the saving. It's getting too confusing and the me too count will be off.

My moving out and back in I mean, evict the Sim via household manager and then back in but since they seem to become visible again after reloading, that might not be necessary.

It does look like the table is floating ? Any ghosts or is that just the angle ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 15 (982 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Table solidly on floor.  Just the angle.  Only ghosts I know of are the ones on the 5th floor of the building where I work.  It used to be an old mill, and all sorts of sad things happened in those places in the old days.

Message 5 of 15 (896 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I'm as interested, if not more, in what caused the shadow on the floor to act like a sim while my sim was away.

Message 6 of 15 (911 Views)

EA Sims Team

@OldeSimsFan 

I think it would be best if there were two separate threads.  One for the shadow, and one for the saving.  It will be easier to track both that way.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 7 of 15 (903 Views)

Hero
@OldeSimsFan Could you create another thread for the saving ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 15 (879 Views)

EA Sims Team

Sul Sul!!! Standard smile

We are currently investigating this issue and it would be helpful if we could get some save files.

Here is how you can send your save files over to us!

Thanks all!

Happy Simming!!! Party hat

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 9 of 15 (872 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

SimQARobo: Have just made a separate thread.

Message 10 of 15 (857 Views)