by burin077

Original Post

[NEEDS SAVES] [S] Weed vacuum doesn't always work

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? It seem to occur either with plants being spaced too close together, near other objects, and possibly at random. Gardening level does not seem to be a factor. I can keep trying to weed, but the weeds don't go away. I have managed to "fix" it by using MOO, removing the plant from the pot and vacuuming it in an open space on my balcony. The weeds don't disappear until I pick up the plant and transfer it back to the pot. Then they disappear on their own.
What happens when the bug occurs? Weeds don't disappear.
What do you expect to see? De-weeded plants.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. 6/19

Edit By Crinrict:  Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 10 (4,103 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [S] Weed vacuum doesn't always work

Hero
Putting this on the needs input list for now.

Does anyone else see this ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 10 (3,987 Views)

Hero

Hi @Willowana

do you still have issues with this ? Anyone else ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 10 (3,883 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

I am still running into this issue, however it's not isolated to just the Weed Vacuum; I think I know what the root cause of it is.

- I am noticing Weeds on plants that are Out of Season (Likely as a result of some plants being left in their original state before the Gardening patch.)
- When attempting to Weed or Spray for Bugs on these plants while they are Out of Season, no Progress Circle appears around the Weed or Spray for Bugs icon in the queue, indicating that the action does not have an end-time.

Things I have tested:

- Removing the plants into the Household Inventory and repositioning them on the lot does not work.
- Moving the plants elsewhere on the lot outdoors does not work.
- Attempting to Weed or Spray for Bugs on the plant repeatedly does not work.

Workaround I have found:

- Move the plants inside your house (Such as into a garden planter, under a roof, or a greenhouse, so that the plant is swapped to a "sheltered" state. This initializes the plant's water, bug, and weeds stats. You can move the plant back to its plot afterwards. Growth progression should not matter here, as the plant was already out of season, so it will just start from a beginning of season state if the plant is supposed to grow outside at that time.)
- When Weeds or Bugs spawn on the plant again, you should be able to Weed/Spray for Bugs now, as the plant's progress has been properly initialized for the Gardening patch.

(Tested as of 12/18/18)

- B

Message 4 of 10 (3,807 Views)

★★ Novice

I have this same problem, but only with two crops in my garden. It only occurs on the small plants (not the trees), and the plants are in planters. The plants I have are all sheltered.

I found two fixes:

- taking the plant out of the planter in build mode and then moving it back into the planter

- using the magic spell floralorial

Message 5 of 10 (2,908 Views)

Community Manager
Hey all,

Just checking in to see if anyone is still seeing this on a modless game as we've been unable to reproduce it on our end.

If so please share your save file with us (instructions: http://x.ea.com/74420) so we can take a look Standard smile

Thanks!
EACade
Message 6 of 10 (697 Views)

★★★ Guide

I'm getting this on PS5 (All Packs (Ex, GP & kits))

Message 7 of 10 (476 Views)

Hero
@AcaciaCEJ Did you send your save to SimsDirect ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 10 (462 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] [S] Weed vacuum doesn't always work

★★ Guide
Message 9 of 10 (447 Views)

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] [S] Weed vacuum doesn't always work

[ Edited ]
Hero

@rory_nutt As you can see by the first post, this dates back to 2018 which was 3 years before the other one started occurring

Possible that it's the same root cause but since this one is specific to the vacuum weeder and a lot older, it's best to treat them as separate issue.

If both get fixed when fixing the weeding bug, that's great but there's no way of telling if this wasn't different when it was first reported.

It's unclear which reports actually go where though but that's the case with a lot of threads :D

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 10 (429 Views)