by crinrict

Original Post

[NEEDS INFO] [S] Teen 'Freezing to Death' Upon Travel

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.48.94.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Every Expansion Packs to date. Dine Out, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat GPs. Backyard, Bowling Night, Cool Kitchen, Fitness, Movie Hangout, Perfect Patio, Vintage Glamor SPs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Travel to any lot with a teen in my household, without initiating club gathering
What happens when the bug occurs? The teen would immediately get the 'Freezing to Death' buff and become blue skinned, and reduce to ''Chilling'' buff when indoors, and regardless of weather, temperature, clothing and traits
What do you expect to see? That shouldn't happen at all
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Given the fact that starting any club gathering with those teens would instantly remove the negative buffs, so I might suspect a conflict between Seasons and Get Together, but that's purely guessing since I found only the latest save game was affected, and any older saves doesn't seem to show this issue.
I'll certainly appreciate it if anyone can look into this, meanwhile I'll try playing with the older save game and see if the issue occur again.

Message 1 of 12 (1,401 Views)

Re: Teen 'Freezing to Death' Upon Travel

Hero

Would you be willing to share your save with me ?

If so, please zip your saves folder and upload it somewhere like dropbox, googledrive or OneDrive and PM me the link.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 12 (1,393 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] [S] [GF] Teen 'Freezing to Death' Upon Travel

★★★ Apprentice

A little bit of update: I loaded a slightly older savegame that doesn't show this issue and played past the point where the Chill/Freezing issue occurred, and no such issue was seen.

I would also add that: the uncomfortable buffs from cold temp. are overridden by a club buff when gathering initiated.

Message 3 of 12 (1,334 Views)

Hero
Sorry, I forgot to answer :P

I did test your save and while I did see the moodlet, I didn't see any negative effects other than the messages and the animations. The moodlet just disappeared after a while. After that it didn't occur again on traveling.

Did you actually have them freezing to death ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 12 (1,326 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

No, honestly. But can't quite figure it out, and that's why I turned to here.

Thanks for the response, you are always doing a good job Crin Standard smile

P.S. I'd still like to figured out why and how this would happen, just in case.

Message 5 of 12 (1,318 Views)

Hero
Hard to tell from the save for me. I've forwarded it to QA. I'll add it as needs input to the list to see if others experience this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 12 (1,304 Views)
Highlighted

Hero

Added this as Needs Info to see if anyone else can provide any information on how this happens.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 12 (1,252 Views)

★ Guide

Hello @crinrict 

No idea if this is related at all but since this is the only topic close enough to what just happened to me, well here I go:

My alien kid went to a volunteering activity along with his half-siblings and when she came back she DIED. She's a kid, that's not supposed to happen, and I'm not sure how long it took her to die 'cause I wasn't looking and I admit I laughed, but it shouldn't have been long 'cause they were at the arriving point, you know? that spot where Sims show up whenever they arrive from school, job, etc.

Here's a screenshot for your enjoyment, I didn't let her die, I made her half-bro beg for her life and she's happy, alive and well :eahigh_file:

Message 8 of 12 (1,194 Views)

Hero
Kids can die. I had them burn to death before. .. You can't starve them but there are death that work with kids. Not sure which ones though and if that's really on purpose.

Can you repro it ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 12 (1,173 Views)

EA Sims Team

Hello @paolaelectra 

Child Sims are allowed to freeze to death.  To avoid this, they'll need to wear Cold Weather clothing.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 10 of 12 (1,147 Views)