by rjssim

Original Post

[NEEDS INFO] [S] Speckles and Glitter on Objects

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 152.100.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Moving the camera and looking for speckles and glitter on the object. It's especially noticeable on black or darker objects.
What happens when the bug occurs? Blobs of white speckles appear on objects when looking at them at certain camera angles.
What do you expect to see? No speckles and glitter on objects.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

This seems to be a Seasons issue. I am in the winter season, so can it possibly be the snow and reflection? When I disable all packs but Seasons, the issue still remains. However, when I only disable Seasons and not any of the other expansions, there is no issue.

The photo shows the speckles and glitter on the hair in the yellow circles. Zoom in to see the speckles more clearly. In the game, they are much more noticeable.

Message 1 of 5 (1,373 Views)

Re: Speckles and Glitter on Objects (Seasons Issue)

Hero
@rjssim Do you have an AMD graphics card ? Looks like this: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Dark-hair-has-blondish-lines-AMD-Card/m-p/7112281

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 5 (1,330 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@crinrictI have a Nvidia card, GTX 970. My issue is speckles and glitter as shown in the uploaded pix, little white pixels scattered in certain areas. They also seem to only appear on certain camera angles. It also seems to be a screen thing and not necessarily an object based on my last test. For example, I was facing the piano when you could see the speckles on the hair. When I turn the camera 180 degrees, the same pattern of speckles can be seen on the wall behind. However, turning 90 or 270 degrees from the issue position, there were no speckles or glitter. Again though, this seems to be only happening with the Seasons expansion enabled and possibly in winter or where there is snow.

Message 3 of 5 (1,327 Views)

Hero
@rjssim OK. Marking as needs info to get some information from other folks if they get this too and on what cards.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 5 (1,315 Views)

★ Apprentice

i know this is old, but i am also having this problem!

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU

Message 5 of 5 (482 Views)