by davyjoonslocker

Original Post

[NEEDS INPUT] [S] [GF] Same audition over and over after audition on holiday

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.47.51.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansion packs, Game packs: Dine out, Outdoor Retreat, Spa Day, Vampires. Stuff packs: Cool Kitchen Stuff, Kid's Room Stuff, Luxury Party Stuff, Movie Hangout Stuff, Perfect Patio Stuff, Romantic Garden Stuff, Spooky Stuff,
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have sim schedule an Audition for a day that a holiday falls on - Doesn't go because of the holiday(Winterfest) and instead stays home, bugging out the audition. Tried to cancel audition and my sim went to it instead, even though it wasn't audition day. After she came back she landed the gig, went to the gig next day like it was all fine. Now whenever sim calls for audition and the game reloads between lots, travel, create a sim, the current audition disappears and instead the old one that bugged out on the holiday is there.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sim cannot schedule and complete a new audition unless there is no reload menu interaction. No plan outfit, no create a sim, no sim travel, no go to work with sim., no pet visit - any of these situations bugs the audition out and rerolls it to the one that bugged out on Winterfest.
What do you expect to see? I except my sim to be able to schedule and keep the audition she scheduled for without it getting wiped on a loading screen to the one that bugged out during the holiday
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I'm not sure what else more to say other than what I've filled out there. It seems to be a bug with seasons/holidays. Ever since my sim's Audition was ignored for Winterfest, her auditions always bug out to that same audition whenever there's a reload from a loading screen. What i mean is just that whenever she travels, or any of my other active sims in the household, whenever anyone plans for outfit and brings up cas, or whenever they bring their dog to the vet - her NEW audition disappears and the one that bugged out is there instead. The audition that bugs out is the Urbz one for some reason, as that was the audition she had to go to the day of Winterfest. So no matter what she signs up to - I've had her try for three different auditions since discovering this bug - every time it goes back to the Urbz on wednesday (no matter what day of the week it is) whenever there was a reload.

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 17 (3,786 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Audition Stuck Bug

[ Edited ]
Hero

Could be related to this issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/WORKAROUND-A-GF-Looking-for-audition-drops-from-queue/m-p/7175... or this one: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/TO-TEST-GF-Audition-Keeps-Resetting-to-Salty-Suds-Commercial/m... although yours sounds like it bugged out even more.

I had my Sim take family leave while they had a gig and that bug out too but all was fine after canceling the gig.

I might merge.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 17 (3,735 Views)

Get famous

★★★ Newbie

I’m having an issue the acting career. It is stuck on one gig. She never goes to the gig but it’s stuck saying it’s scheduled. I can cancel and get a new gig but it goes back to the first gig. I have restarted my games,reset her,tried a new agency,and quit her job. As soon as she was promoted it brought her her back to the first gig. I have no mods or CC. I am playing on a Mac. I am out of idea how to fix this.

Message 3 of 17 (3,650 Views)

Re: Get famous

Hero

Hi @Knlewis18

merged your post with existing thread on the issue.

Please feel free to click the me too button on the first post.

If the canceling doesn't help, I don't know of any other workaround atm.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 17 (3,629 Views)

Acting Career Audition Bug

★★ Apprentice

What is your current game version number? 1.50.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Expansion Packs: Cats and Dogs, City Living, Get Famous, Get To Work, Get Together and Seasons. Game Packs: Dine Out, Jungle Adventure, Outdoor Retreat, Parenthood, Spa Day and Vampires. Stuff Packs: Cool Kitchen Stuff, Laundry Day Stuff, Movie Hangout Stuff, Perfect Patio Stuff and Vintage Glamour Stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a sim join the acting career and choose a gig for them to do. Of course there will be an audition first. Have your sim miss the audition. Later you will notice that when you get another gig after that, every time you complete a new gig, the gig that you might've had if you hadn't missed the audition will still be displayed as if you're expected to show up for the audition when the time for that audition has already passed by because you originally missed it.
What happens when the bug occurs? A sim that has joined the acting career and has missed an audition for a gig will have the info for the gig they've missed show up every time they complete a completely different gig going forward. A new gig has to be selected in order for new info to show up and cover up the info that's apparently stuck there after missing the initial gig. Also, I just had a moment where I had my sim travel to take care of something after I got that bugged gig to disappear by selecting a new one and of course when my sim traveled back home, the bugged gig was back and the gig I selected for her to do was completely gone.
What do you expect to see? I expect any auditions or gigs that a sim has missed to disappear completely from the Acting Career info panel and to not reappear at any point in time.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The StrangerVille Patch.

This is a really frustrating bug for me. For me personally, the acting career was working fine before. I'm not sure what changed but I have to get this fixed ASAP.

Message 5 of 17 (3,403 Views)

Re: Acting Career Audition Bug

Hero

HI @SimsChick06 

sounds like the issue I merged your post into.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 17 (3,398 Views)

Get Famous Acting Career Bug - Help??

★★★★ Novice

What is your current game version number? 1.50.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats and Dogs, City Living, Get Famous, Get to Work, Get Together, Seasons, Dine Out, Outdoor Retreat, Spa Day
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I don't know if you can find the bug yourselves, but I left my game running while I had to do something else. My sim didn't go to the audition she was scheduled for, and since that time has passed, it hasn't been removed from her scheduling.
What happens when the bug occurs? The audition or show she is scheduled for hasn't been removed from her scheduling. However, when she auditions for a new role, the one that is stuck on her scheduling is replaced by the new audition/show. The audition that is stuck on her scheduling then returns until she applies for a new one. The cycle continues.
What do you expect to see? My sim auditions for a new role, the role that's stuck is removed and when she's done with both the auditions and the show, my scheduling is empty until I apply for a new role.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

The problem is still there even though I did remove my mods If there is any additional solutions, I will be more than happy to do them. Also, the screenshot doesn't show it, but I can't cancel this gig with the phone either.

Also, I apologize in advance, but I previously did a post like this, but it was on the wrong platform. Unfortunately, it's been edited so many times that it's been marked as spam. I feel bad, and I would like to delete it.

Thanks!

Message 7 of 17 (3,414 Views)

Re: Get Famous Acting Career Bug - Help??

Hero
What happens if you try to cancel ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 17 (3,410 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hi, nothing happens when I cancel. The gig is still there.

Message 9 of 17 (3,408 Views)

Hero
Could it be this issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/TO-TEST-S-GF-Same-audition-over-and-over-after-audition-on/td-... ?

There's other similar ones but I think if you can't cancel that might be the same as you're seeing.

That would be the other thread: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/WORKAROUND-A-GF-Looking-for-audition-drops-from-queue/td-p/717...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 17 (3,395 Views)