by MarleyTheWizard

Original Post

[NEEDS INFO] [S] Father Winter Not Placing Presents Under Tree

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.48.94.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have Holiday With Father Winter Tradition, Wait till 8:00 pm for him to arrive.
What happens when the bug occurs? Father Winter will almost never place presents under the tree.
What do you expect to see? Father Winter placing presents under tree
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Screenshot (208).png

New Save

All he does is sit around talking to sims, he never places presents under the tree anymore 

I've also noticed there's no option to fight for presents anymore.. 

Message 1 of 8 (3,463 Views)

Re: Father Winter Not Placing Presents Under Tree

Champion
It doesn't look like there is a present pile under that tree. You should click the tree and see if there's the option to add a present pile.

Father Winter works fine for me if I have a present pile under the tree for him to add presents to, or one of the separate present pile objects you can buy.
Message 2 of 8 (3,433 Views)

Hero

Taking more voices on this. Haven't really played that holiday and don't know how it worked or how it's supposed to work.

@SproutLee Can you try @simvasion suggestion ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 8 (3,401 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Guide
I have only had this happen when I have used the bare tree and not fully decorated it before he comes
Message 4 of 8 (3,392 Views)

★★ Guide

Noticed this as well. I had to ask him for gifts. Used the bare tree but my sims had fully decorated it.

Note I already had placed gifts under the tree so that may be why.

Message 5 of 8 (3,382 Views)

Champion

Here's how it works for me:

Place a present pile somewhere on the lot with space around it. It can be either the pile of boxes, or you can place a Christmas tree and then use the add present pile option on the tree to spawn the boxes.

At 8pm on Winterfest, Father Winter will arrive, do a belly laugh upon arrival and then if uninterrupted, he'll head for a present pile and fill it with enough gifts for the sims on the lot.

presents.jpg

I haven't ever tried filling the present piles to capacity (I don't even know if they can have a max limit of presents?) But if you do, just make sure there's a present pile on the lot that isn't full. I have had it work in a three person household with a tree where I added three presents to the pile myself. Then when Father Winter arrived he seemed to add three more.

Message 6 of 8 (3,358 Views)

★★★ Guide
@simvasion That makes sense! Do you still have the option to fight for presents tho? It seems to be missing for me.
Message 7 of 8 (3,347 Views)

Champion
Yes, I've seen the option to fight for presents. I didn't check just now when I took the screenshot though, because I always Ask for Present from the friendly options. Fight should be under the mean options.
Message 8 of 8 (3,337 Views)