Original Post

Accepted Solution

[BY DESIGN] [S] Always Freezing Weather During Winter Season

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.55.108
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them except for Moschino Stuff Pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play in any world (except for Sulani, San Myshuno and Oasis Springs) during the Winter season
What happens when the bug occurs? During the Winter season, it is freezing all the time and the weather never changes
What do you expect to see? The weather is supposed to change to cool or cold, but it never does, it's stuck on "freezing" permanently
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. This issue has only been occurring after the latest patch, 1.55.108

Play in any world (except for Sulani, San Myshuno and Oasis Springs) during the Winter season. During the Winter season, it is freezing all the time and the weather never changes. The calendar shows different weather forecasts for the week but it's still always freezing. The weather is supposed to change to cool or cold, but it never does, it's stuck on "freezing" permanently. This issue has only been occurring after the latest patch, 1.55.108. I've never had this issue happen before this patch. I know it's not any of my mods because it happens even after I removed all of them and started a new save file to test it on a vanilla game.

I've also seen this issue happen with James Turner's most recent videos of his Rags to Witches let's play, where it's constantly freezing 100% of the time, everyone is cold and you can't plant anything indoor or outdoors, and the weather never changes to anything else but freezing, despite playing for several days in Glimmerbrook during Winter. 

Message 1 of 15 (1,615 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [BY DESIGN] [S] Always Freezing Weather During Winter Season

Community Manager

Hey all,

This thread has been closed as this is currently functioning as designed by The Sims team.

If you feel this was in error, please create a new thread here with as much information as you can provide. Thank you!  

solaire.png

View in thread

Message 15 of 15 (527 Views)

All Replies

Re: Always Freezing Weather During Winter Season

Hero
@WahserMrWindow Just tested this on a fresh save and it's working fine for me.

Would you be willing to share your save with me ?

If so, please zip your saves folder and upload it somewhere like dropbox,, googledrive or OneDrive and PM me the link.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 15 (1,589 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

I've had this happen once, but that was right after Get Famous was released. My seasons are set to 28 days by the way. I would say that it could just be a case of an extreme random weather scenario, because I've also had heatwaves that last all summer. The craziest instance was a spring I spent in Brindleton Bay where I had a thunderstorm happen every day, for 28 days straight! (Needless to say that the entire household received the Storm Chaser trait from me during that time.)

I wouldn't worry too much about such freak occurrences (they're actually quite memorable), UNLESS it's happening AGAIN the next winter. Then it's definitely a bug. On a side note: It's winter in my world as I write this and the weather is pleasantly varied.

Message 3 of 15 (1,564 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@crinrict I've since deleted that save file I created to test this bug, but this is happening on every save file and my current saves. My season is set to 28 days, I wonder if that would affect it? It's freezing all 28 days, by the way. 

Message 4 of 15 (1,552 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@DMDragonCT If you've watched James Turner's Rags to Witches let's play, it's happening in his game too: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNkj7vTCOco

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uREVEOYeN8Y

Message 5 of 15 (1,551 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@WahserMrWindow I did test 28 days on a new save.

If it's happening on all of yours, just send me another.

Does James play on vanilla games ? (I don't watch any let's plays)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 15 (1,529 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@WahserMrWindow 

I have seen the video and like I said, these freak occurrences can and do happen. However, you also wrote that this is happening in all your games and that is indeed reason for concern. Ok, there is one more thing you could try (if you haven't already done so), which is to delete your localthumbcache file located in your game's documents folder. Certain settings and effects are saved there and can carry over into other games. After you have deleted it, try starting a new game then. If you're still only getting freezing weather, then yes, I'd say it's almost certainly a bug.

Best of luck to you!

Message 7 of 15 (1,528 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

Not seeing this in my game.

Loaded up into Glimmerbrook on day 2 of winter in a 28 day cycle, the forcast weather was coincidentally freezing and it was freezing temp in the morning, but it mellowed out to cold in the afternoon with the sun out.

Travelled over to San Myshuno and the forcast was cloudy and cold.

The next morning in Glimmerbrook the forcast weather is cloudy and it started cold in the morning, not freezing.

weather.jpg

Also, this isn't a fresh new save, it's a save I've been playing continuously for two years, so it's not a case of "works fine in new but bugged in old saves".

Message 8 of 15 (1,508 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@crinrict I believe he plays with MC Command Centre, which I do play with on my regular saves. I asked on Deaderpool's server about it but he said it's not something MC Command Centre has control over and shouldn't conflict with. Do you want me to PM you my current saves with just MC Command Centre installed?

@DMDragonCT I already deleted my localthumbcache file before testing in the screenshots I posted in OP. As you can see, it was freezing all 20 sim days I tested it.

@simvasion Did you use the weather machine to change the season to winter? Changing the weather works fine for me, as does going to Sulani, San Myshuno, and Oasis Springs, but anywhere else it's freezing weather on all 28 sim days. 

Message 9 of 15 (1,498 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@crinrict Just an update, weather in San Myshuno is normal for me now. It seems that it's only affecting Willow Creek in all my saves. But it's also affecting James Turner's in Glimmerbrook as well.

Message 10 of 15 (1,471 Views)