by crinrict

Original Post

[OPEN] [ROM] Spellcaster XP bar loads/unloads rapidly

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Polski
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.55.105.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Realm of Magic, Vampires, Jungle Adventure, StrangerVille, Parenthood
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Gaining magic experience
What happens when the bug occurs? The magic experience bar loads and unloads rapidly - no points are counted. Sims scored only 12 points for the exchange of qualities and skills.
What do you expect to see? Points count
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

The magic experience bar loads and unloads rapidly - no points are counted. Sims scored only 12 points for the exchange of qualities and skills.

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 31 (8,705 Views)

Re: problem with magic experience bar - no points count

Hero
@606531652W166 Could you post a video of that ?

Is this an existing save/Sim or a new one ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 31 (8,650 Views)

★★★ Novice

I attach a video with a bug.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1vNOoLtHk3sLd16lLjV3eXaUI_XhPFXLU

As you can see when starting the "experiment" action, the full bar changes to empty - without adding a point. In the process it fills up slowly, and at some point it does so rapidly. The situation repeatsover and over again.

Sims is a new one.

Message 3 of 31 (8,631 Views)

Hero
@606531652W166 Thank you.

Forwarded this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 31 (8,632 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [ROM] Spellcaster XP bar loads/unloads rapidly

★★ Apprentice

I have two spellcasters in my household. I have had this same problem happen a few times, do not know what causes it but I reloaded a backup and then it happened to my other sim and not the one who it happened to first time through.

Message 5 of 31 (8,589 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

It's so out of sync. Like it can go up, and down, and think you're lower but bar shows higher. It refunds points as it goes down, then you have to read books or experiement to rank up again so you can place them back. It's an utter mess.

Message 6 of 31 (8,576 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

I have the same problem, but every time I load the save file, it gets transferred between my Spellcaster Sims. In one household I've got two and it's random to whom it appears. In another househould I've got four and so far it's appeared to only one of them. I don't know what causes is and how to fix it. I tried to reset the perks and buy different ones, but that didn't help.

Message 7 of 31 (8,546 Views)

★★★★ Novice

It's part of the same problem mentioned here. https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/WORKAROUND-ROM-Spellcaster-Level-Reset-for-Sims-with-Ancient/m... Once the bar breaks what you experiencing will happen. They found the issue once it's patched your problem should go away as well. Unfortunately once it happens its broken so you will have to use a previous save. A Tip in the meantime that works for me is making sure not to have the magic tab, spell book or anything to do with magic open while actively level your magic. Keep them closed till you see the points appear then stop all training and choose your spell traits then close your spell book etc before training again.

Message 8 of 31 (8,512 Views)

Hero
@InsameINC Thanks for that info.

Not merging at this point for better finding.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 31 (8,487 Views)

★ Novice

I have this exact same problem. Once my sim overmaxs her magic it brings her down to Neophyte Spellcaster and I have to go through the Master and Virtuoso ranks to get her perks back. Despite having all the perks. 

Message 10 of 31 (8,418 Views)