by shadedgrey63

Original Post

Re: Sims 4 Principal Calls but Nothing Happens

Hero
@shadedgrey63 No idea. My kids always have good grades :D

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 11 of 27 (1,330 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Principal Calls but Nothing Happens

★★ Guide
@shadedgrey63 I'll go ahead and test this out today with a kid with bad grades. I'll get back to you.
Message 12 of 27 (1,316 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Principal Calls but Nothing Happens

★★★★★ Novice

If its the call you get from the principal or boss from being late for school/work, I'm pretty sure when the game came out what happened was that after pressing 'ok' an action queued up where they would talk to the principal/boss on the phone, the some pop-up or notification about they would lose school/work performance or not to do it again or something? Like I remember my earliest sims getting these calls and being able to answer them, but now my sims get the calls but clicking 'ok' results in nothing happening.

Message 13 of 27 (1,246 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

I vaguely remember this. They used to talk on the phone with the principal when they called, and now nothing happens. The phone call doesn't lead to anything. So it seems something went wrong there. This seems to have been broken for a long time too.

Edit: Ah that's right, the principal called because the student is late to school. But there's no further dialog about that. It doesn't warn you to go to school.

Message 14 of 27 (1,225 Views)

★★ Guide
@jaycravn I think I might recall that, too.
Message 15 of 27 (1,199 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

If I remember right (and don't mix the game up with Sims 3) for adults at least, originally when they were late for work and got the call from the boss, a box popped up asking if they were going to work, staying home sick, or taking a vacation day. And I'm fairly sure it would roll a chance to fail when you picked sick with the boss telling you that he didn't believe you or even get fired. But it's long ago and I can't remember when it stopped doing that. The calls also used to wake the sims up, which they also no longer do (possibly from the change that lets them sleep with TVs and stereos on).

I suspect the fact nothing happens now is related to the popup for the "follow your sim to work" jobs, which has basically those same three options (except they get to work from home instead of calling in sick).

I don't remember the principal calls ever having any consequences whatsoever. At least not in Sims 4.

EDIT: Sidenote to this: kids don't have to do homework to get good grades. They just have to do something that improve their skills. It's a weird system, but you can completely ignore the homework and the silly projects, and still have their performance gradually improve just by letting them do anything that improves some skill somewhat (even video gaming skill counts).

Message 16 of 27 (1,189 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Principal Calls but Nothing Happens

★ Apprentice

Same issue here. If my Sim is skipping school or work and the boss or principal calls, and I select to take the call, nothing happens. IIRC, there used to (I'm thinking back several years, probably to at least 2016 or so so I'm not sure when it stopped) then be a pop-up that would say something about how missing school or work could affect performance or something like that (unfortunately I can't remember exactly; it's been years since I tried to have my Sims pick up their phones with this lol).

Message 17 of 27 (1,150 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@TheSteelRodent wrote:

EDIT: Sidenote to this: kids don't have to do homework to get good grades. They just have to do something that improve their skills. It's a weird system, but you can completely ignore the homework and the silly projects, and still have their performance gradually improve just by letting them do anything that improves some skill somewhat (even video gaming skill counts).

You don't say... Thinking

Anyway, I went ahead and Me Too'd a while back this just because I've definitely noticed it more than once for a long time now. (I always make sure the tardy Sims always go when that happens. Also, I started playing TS4 in early 2017.)

Also, don't kids who get F Grades in school get banished to military school (which is code for "permanently removed from the game") like in The Sims 1? (I've never had this happen in either...and I even if I do someday allow it in TS4 for storytelling reasons, I have simstopics/Scarelt's Bad Grades are Okay mod in place to keep the poorly performing kid[s] in the game.)

Message 18 of 27 (1,120 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Guide
@StarryMight Sim kids are banished to the military if they get an F in The Sims 4? I might purposely try that, haha. I remember that in TS1.

But yeah, it’s seeming that the explanation of and reason for consequences when the sim’s boss or principal calls may have been removed from the game on purpose. Frown
Message 19 of 27 (1,105 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@shadedgrey63 wrote:
@StarryMightSim kids are banished to the military if they get an F in The Sims 4? I might purposely try that, haha. I remember that in TS1.

But yeah, it’s seeming that the explanation of and reason for consequences when the sim’s boss or principal calls may have been removed from the game on purpose. Frown

...Welp, what have I done? Shocked (LOL)

Anyway, looking at Scarlet's Bad Grades are OK page, it's actually the invisible Social Worker who culls removes F Grade kids from the house in The Sims 4. I was remembering wrong, sorry! Embarrassed

Message 20 of 27 (1,095 Views)