by hestiah23

Original Post

[NEEDS INFO] Principal Calls but Nothing Happens

[ Edited ]
★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.54.120.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats and Dogs, City Living, Get Famous, Get to Work, Get Together, Seasons, Dine Out, Outdoor Retreat, Parenthood, Vampires, Backyard Stuff, Bowling Night Stuff, Cool Kitchen Stuff, Fitness Stuff, Kids Room Stuff, Luxury Party Stuff, Movie Hangout Stuff, My First Pet Stuff, Perfect Patio Stuff, Toddler Stuff, Vintage Glamour Stuff,
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a vampire child attend school without completing any homework.
What happens when the bug occurs? One of my Sims' children - all of whom are vampires - comes home from school every day and receives a phone call from the principal. I assume the call is supposed to be about her bad grades because she never does any homework, but the call isn't directed to her parents, it's directed to her. When I answer the call, I get the dialogue pop-up that says "The principal is calling, would you like to answer?"; I click okay, and then nothing happens. I don't get a notification, her school performance doesn't change, nobody else gets a call, there is no other dialogue bubble, and nobody gets a moodlet.
What do you expect to see? Something happening, probably another dialogue bubble or a notification with a message from the principal.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I checked 'Yes' for the custom content because I still have it installed, but I haven't used or updated it to the latest version so I don't think it's functioning in my game. I have one mod that has nothing to do with children, school, notifications or dialogue bubbles, so I would be surprised if that was the issue.

Message 1 of 27 (2,492 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Principal Calls but Nothing Happens

Hero
@Vulture_Sky There never has been anything happening. I think that's just how it works. It's been like this from the start of the game. I did think it was weird at the beginning but now, it's just what happens.

Will try get some info.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 27 (2,440 Views)

★★ Guide

I’ve had this, as well. The child gets the call, but there is no message; she came home a poor  C student. I assume the call would’ve been a warning about her grades. I think I saw recently on BuzzfeedMultiplayer’s 100 Baby Challenge that a kid was missing school and got a call from the principal, and I think they got a message...

Message 3 of 27 (2,423 Views)

Hero
@shadedgrey63 What did the message say ? I never saw any other message than: The principle is calling and an option to press ok.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 27 (2,403 Views)

★★ Guide

I think it was just that, but I'm not sure it tends to pop up for me.

Message 5 of 27 (2,365 Views)

★★ Guide
@Vulture_Sky Did you check back to see if the child has been attending the school late? This is what usually happens to me and the call ring lasts until you open it up.
Message 6 of 27 (2,357 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@shadedgrey63 So you're not even getting the message that the principle is calling ?

@hestiah23 Are you getting any other message than the one about the principle calling when you click ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 27 (2,350 Views)

★★ Guide
@crinrict No other message.
Message 8 of 27 (2,344 Views)

Hero
OK

I'm not sure what we're talking about here.

The actual first message not popping up (never had that) or nothing further the case (for me always happening since the game came out. Always wondered why there isn't more to it)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 27 (2,336 Views)

★★ Guide

Honestly I may need to check again. I may have been confused as to why we only get notified that the Principal was calling, with no explanation. I had gotten a call from the Principal after the school day ended - I had to check their performance to make a guess as to why, because I’d never gotten a call after school. I could only find that she was a poor performing C student. Is there something that happens if performance drops further?

Message 10 of 27 (2,293 Views)