Re: Engaged Couple Become Brothers ?

by miketastic666

Original Post

Re: CAS/ Planning outfit changes sims relationships

★★★★★ Novice

I had looked at this issue and i turned the cheats off, unless i'm missing something else out if that doesn't remove fulledit. I then tested it again and it still did it with it off. I had then checked another family and it does indeed look like that it is only this one family it is affecting.

Thanks for the reply!

Message 11 of 177 (6,060 Views)

Hero
@Koramie You need to type cas.fulleditmode false (or off) not sure to make sure it's off. I don't think you need testingcheats for it in the first place so that might not cut it.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 177 (6,055 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I have done what you've suggested, ensured that cas.fulledit is off and cheats are off but it still seems to happen 

Message 13 of 177 (6,045 Views)

Hero
@Koramie

Would you be willing to share your save with me ?

If so, please zip your saves folder and upload it somewhere like dropbox,, googledrive or OneDrive and PM me the link.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 14 of 177 (6,043 Views)

Hero
@Koramie Would you be willing to share your save ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 15 of 177 (6,000 Views)

Engaged Couple Become Brothers ?

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.58.69.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Island Living, Get Famous, Seasons, Cats and Dogs, City Living, Get to Work, Realm of Magic, Strangerville, Parenting, Vampires, Laundry Day, Vintage Glamour, Spooky, Cool Kitchen
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I'm not sure, though I only just experienced the issue today after updating to the newest version yesterday.
What happens when the bug occurs? Couple suddenly become siblings (in addition to lovers). They can't do romantic socials. The family tree is off.
What do you expect to see? The couple should show as engaged. They should be able to do romance socials together, and they should both show as parents to their children on the family tree.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The most recent update from 11/25.

I have an engaged couple (two men) who have had two children in gameplay. (I did not create this family.) Everything has been normal until today, when out of nowhere their relationship suddenly added "brother" to their status along with "lover, engaged, and best friend." They both show as father to their children (from CAS), but in the family tree, they only show as a single parents on their own tree. Also, they still have their romance bar and option, though they can only "offer massage."

I can't figure out any solutions nor am I sure how this happened. I don't even use cheats, like those suggested to fix the issue. (I tried afterward to fix it, but those didn't work either, btw.) 

Help please <3

Message 16 of 177 (3,006 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@miketastic666 Did you check if your automatic backups are ok ? https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2014/09/save-games/#wiederherstellen

Do you play rotationally and this this happen while you played a different family or while you were playing them. Did you enter CAS in any way ?

Merged this with a similar report.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 17 of 177 (2,983 Views)

★★★ Novice

Sorry for the late reply. I was only playing this one family. The bug happened while I was playing this household. I did go into CAS once. No cheats, just regular old clicking on the mirror to "Change Sim." 

Edit: THANKS to you I was able to use that backup feature to get restore my family (thank youuu), but I just confirmed that going into CAS at all automatically turns the couple into brothers again once returning to Live Mode. This time it even changed their last names to be the same. 

Message 18 of 177 (2,908 Views)

Hero
@miketastic666 Would you mind sharing your save from before it happens ? If it happens reproducibly, that will be a great help to narrow this down.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 19 of 177 (2,544 Views)

★★★ Novice

Sure. How do I do that?

Message 20 of 177 (2,505 Views)