Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Outdoor shadows jumping across screen @ ultra high settings

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Deleted.

Message 12 of 31 (1,327 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@MidnightVoid Better to use the ConfigOverride folder in your doc folder. You can copy your adjusted file in there and don't need to worry about them being overridden.

Not 100% sure if that's a solution on console ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 13 of 31 (1,312 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Deleted.

Message 14 of 31 (1,302 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA Staff

Hello.

If anyone is still seeing the issue (without mods),Would you be willing to share these files:

What graphic card is installed in your PC and what graphic settings you have applied in the game?
\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Config.log
\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\saves\

If you playing on console and sharing save file is difficult, it would be really helpful if you could share a video where issue is observed and What graphic card is installed in your PC and what graphic settings you have applied in the game?.

Please send me a private message with a link to the files, instructions for sharing files are here:
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 15 of 31 (1,258 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@SimGuruRitzy This is still and issue and I've observed it in some major youtubers videos/game changers too. Anyway I will upload the files shortly per quest.

Per graphics card it seems to effect all AMD cards from what I can tell, it effected my card before my 580 RX, 580 Rx and now my current 6800 XT.
Message 16 of 31 (1,151 Views)

★★★★ Novice

It was that December Patch caused all of this!!!

Message 17 of 31 (1,132 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INFO] Outdoor shadows jumping across screen @ ultra high settings

★★ Guide

It's been years and they still somehow can't fix this? Yet for the Werewolves trailer, they enhanced the shadow speed just for a quick timelapse...

Message 18 of 31 (601 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INFO] Outdoor shadows jumping across screen @ ultra high settings

★★ Guide

For reference, SimsCommunity did a test in 2017.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ss2sUEXYVHU - Launch day shadows before interior light ray update
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgC_LEsmICE - After interior light ray update and now

Message 19 of 31 (600 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@girliesamm This solved the issue in my game! Thank you for the suggestion. Unfortunately without altering the GraphicsRules file the issue remains, so it obviously hasn't been patched.
Message 20 of 31 (537 Views)