Re: [NEEDS INFO] [MSP] Game freezes while using the camera and tripod

by ra7orrat

Original Post

★★★ Novice

Please for the love of God I hope this gets fixed soon. The only reason I bought this pack was for the new camera features. I'm so annoyed that this still hasn't been fixed and it's been a MONTH. Spent 15$AU for some crappy CAS items. 15$ for clothes that could so easily be replicated as CC. Damn. I'm dissapointed EA.

Message 41 of 63 (1,347 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

This happened to me as well, on a PC, no mods/CC. 

It definitely doesn’t happen every time for me - I’ve taken loads of pics since the pack released. But it happened for the first time last night at my sim’s house in Glimmerbrook during a holiday. 

Let me know if you still need save files to help reproduce!

Message 42 of 63 (1,312 Views)

★★ Guide

same on XB1 with regular camera (I believe it's called "crystal clear camera" or something like that).

Message 43 of 63 (1,285 Views)

★★ Apprentice
I'm having the same issue and I don't use cc! It's frustrating, because I bought days ago and I'm dealing with such trouble :/
Message 44 of 63 (1,225 Views)

★★ Guide

This issue is happening on both PC and Console and it isn't just limited to the tripod though freeze happens more with that. It can also happen when sims are taking pictures together with the camera.

Message 45 of 63 (1,203 Views)

★★★ Novice

The latest update had nothing at all about this bug! Not even like a yeah, we know about it and we're working on it... Seriously? I can't use the camera feature at all without it crashing (not like with some people where it only happens sometimes). I would love to know if they're even trying to fix this. Ugh. 

Message 46 of 63 (1,158 Views)

Photo taking freezes game and gets stuck in camera mode

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.18.49.2300
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats & Dogs, City living, Dine out, Get famous, Get to work, Get together, Island living, Jungle Adventure, kids room stuff, laundry day stuff, Moschino stuff, outdoor retreat, parenthood, seasons, spa day, spooky stuff, strangerville, toddler stuff, vampires, vintage glamour stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? When I take a picture for the photopraghy career I'm able to pose the sim I'm photographing into a few poses, but then after a few poses it gets stuck in the pose, i take the rest of the pics but after all ten pics are done it won't let me leave camera mode. I have to restart game to get it out which means I'm having to save the game every other minute. I noticed it happens every time i use the subject mark, but only occasionally without it.
What happens when the bug occurs? the game gets stuck in camera mode and freezes. Only way to get out of it is to restart the game, but sometimes i forget to save and end up losing game. It happens every time i use the subject mark and every other time i don't use it.
What do you expect to see? To be able to use my camera for my fashion photography career without it getting stuck in camera mode resulting in me restarting every 5 minutes and losing game.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

No picture present sorry, just imagine it froze much like my game keeps doing 😂

Message 47 of 63 (1,155 Views)

Re: Photo taking freezes game and gets stuck in camera mode

Hero
@jenniferschmidt0 I merged your post with the existing thread on the issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 48 of 63 (1,127 Views)

★★★ Novice
@EA_Cadedianed485 This is happening to me too but I’m on console.

I recently got the Moschino stuff pack and I got it mostly for the freelance career and photoshoot poses. About 95% of the time when I’m taking pictures of other sims, it will glitch out and I would be stuck in camera mode, not being able to back out or pause and forcing myself to quit the game and start it up. (RIP progress)

It sucks bc the poses are so cute and I’m finally able to take cute pictures and how I want them to look but I have to either save before I take pictures in case this happens or just not even bother taking pictures at all.

Message 49 of 63 (1,090 Views)

Hero
@healeesi Are you on PS4 or XBox ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 50 of 63 (1,068 Views)