by Knittykitty215

Original Post

Re: [NEEDS INFO] [MSP] Game freezes while using the camera and tripod

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform: PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often - usually after 2/3 photos on the tripod, sometimes even sooner.
What is your current game version number? 1.54.120.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything

Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? With a subject on the mark, switching poses, the newest camera and the tripod.
What happens when the bug occurs? The game sort of freezes. You can hover over the buttons for the camera, but clicking on them does nothing. If you Alt+F4 to try to force a crash, a save or quit option comes up, but you can't click any of the options. 
What do you expect to see? For it not to freeze.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? No
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made.  After installing Maschino SP.

I am having the exact same error. I haven't yet tried the cheaper camera that someone else mentioned hasn't caused them issues. My sims are in an apartment in San Myshuno, not supernatural sims. I lost an entire save because of the crash yesterday, and today I've had to close it down a couple of times by force. It's making being a freelance photographer pretty hard.

***EDIT: To update, gave it a try with a camera from the base game, didn't seem to have the issue. Not sure if it's just the new camera or I got very lucky. It certainly seemed to almost lag with some of the taking photos and changing poses however.***

Message 21 of 63 (2,627 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Novice

I have been having the same issues with the camera and tripod. In a photo shoot while changing poses everything just locks up. I had to use the "task manager" to shut down the game. I'm also having trouble getting my freelance photos back from the client. I wait until I get mail which is when bills are delivered. Then I check the build mode inventory and I have about 20 photos in the inventory. About 6 of those give me the "freelance" option and I can upload them to simstagram but it doesn't complete my job tasks.  Frown

Message 22 of 63 (2,578 Views)

Game freezes in Camera Mode (Moschino Pack)

★★★ Apprentice

I've seen older posts about this exact problem but either it is still around or has come back with the Fashion Photography. The camera when in photo mode freezes and no longer accepts mouse inputs. I can move the mouse around and all the buttons "highlight" when I scroll over them but I am unable to click anything and it remains frozen indefinitely or until I force quit the game. This seems to be consistently caused by frequently changing a sim's pose. I've run into this at least 4 times now and every time occurred when I quickly flipped through pose options. Usually this is because I'm using the "basic" pose options to flip randomly through all poses when i don't have a set idea in mind. Eventually after too many clicks (sometimes as few as 3-4, but usually it's a bunch) the game completely locks up and is no longer interactable. The game still considers itself running fine and I can almost quit the app using the quit option on my Mac, however the "save and Quit" menu pops up, but unfortunately the mouse still can't click on anything. I've tried everything I could think of, using keystrokes instead of the mouse, changing mice or input device, but the only option is to force quit the game. 

I may be able to recreate this event in video, however, being that this is my second bug report today I've had to document, I'll wait to see what you say first because I wanna get back to playing.

I'm on a Macbook and I do have CC, but the CC doesn't seem to factor as even base outfits still cause this event and I have all packs and extras except Dine Out, Parenting and Toddler, Vampire, Jungle, and Strangerville. Every other pack available is on my system.

Message 23 of 63 (2,480 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

This happened to me too, had to restart and lost all the pictures I'd just spent at least a half hour taking Frown 

Message 24 of 63 (2,529 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@Faelfain the camera I used was base game so I think you got lucky
Message 25 of 63 (2,527 Views)

Re: Game freezes in Camera Mode (Moschino Pack)

Champion

@Hyperion_Rail Sorry for your frustration. Can you please try the following so we can fully confirm that your CC is not causing the issue? Please do each step exactly as laid out and do not skip any steps, even if you have already tried any of the steps before. This way we will know if you need a bug report in place. Thank you.

• Exit your game then exit Origin. Please copy the Mods folder from your 'The Sims 4' folder onto your desktop (for future reference) then delete the mods folder and the localthumbnailcache.package file in your 'The Sims 4' folder and restart the game and so that the game will re-create the folder.
  • Then run a game repair [ Open Origin, click 'Game Library' then right-click Sims 4 > Repair Game ]. Make sure to let it run until it has completed all repairs (it will do the base-game first, then run through each of your expansions/packs). After that, please see if the issue has stopped.

If it was Mods/CC: If this fixes the issue I would recommend that you check with the Mod and CC creators to see if there are any known issues with their Mod/CC clashing with the recent update and if so do they have an updated Mod/CC that will address the changes in the game's code from the update. You can then re-add your updated Mods/CC one at a time to see if one was conflicting with the function/causing the glitch - but do not re-add the old config file from the old mods folder, as it is possible for it to have become corrupted also.

Let us know how it goes. Thanks!

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 26 of 63 (2,463 Views)

@Hyperion_Rail

Do you think your problem is this bug? https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INFO-MSP-Game-freezes-while-using-the-camera-and-tripod/...

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 27 of 63 (2,455 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Had this issue three times so far. It seems to happen randomly and it didn't matter if I used the option "take picture of sim on subject mark" or "take picture of" or just "take photo"

Message 28 of 63 (2,482 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@Bluebellflora Sounds like it if you just wanna merge us.
Message 29 of 63 (2,415 Views)

★★ Guide

I have this issue too. 

It doesn't happen all the time, completely at random. Have repaired my game, deleted my cache files, nothing.

I click a few poses and my game just won't register clicks anymore... super annoying. I hope EA fixes this because it's one of the biggest reasons I even bought this half assed pack. 

Message 30 of 63 (2,434 Views)