by crinrict

Original Post

[NEEDS INFO] Lag in Build Mode on 64x64 Lots

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.44.88.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 2 ways: 1) choose a rather elaborate build from the Gallery (I used https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/A83DF0E4974211E88EC75034D67FBF2F) and place it on a 64x64 lot (I tested both Dresden House in Windenburg and Hound's Head in Brindleton Bay). Attempt to replace fencing on the lot with other fencing and place spandrels throughout the lot. Try to raise and lower the foundation. 2) Go into build mode on Dresden House in Windenburg (with its original residence in place). Attempt to replace fencing with different fencing as well as to add spandrels throughout the lot. Try to raise and lower the foundation.
What happens when the bug occurs? You will begin to experience lag not long after attempting to replace the various fences. It will take a substantial amount of time for the cursor to catch up with your actual mouse location and for the fencing to be replaced. Likewise with placing the spandrels and trying to change foundation height. The player originally reporting this issue on the forums said that the problem also applies to friezes and trims.
What do you expect to see? No lag when using these various build tools on 64x64 lots. I do not see this lag on smaller lots, even on 50x50 and even after I have filled them to bursting with fences and spandrels and have run through the same exercise with them. I would expect a bit of lag with everything on a lot like the one I referenced from the Gallery, due to the number of objects and structures on it. However, while that lot took a good while to load, once it was loaded, I only experienced the lag while taking the actions described above. I would not expect any lag at all on the base game Windenburg Dresden House, as, while the lot is large, that base build is not and nor is it elaborate.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I would provide a video of the lag, but I am currently without a video editor.  Sorry!

Message 1 of 5 (2,990 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Lag in Build Mode on 64x64 Lots

★★★ Apprentice

I'm experiencing similar effects, on House Head.Placing a wall takes a good 5+ seconds to preview before being confirmable. Similar thing happens with fencings, esp when using the "Replace" option, rather than drawing them.

Message 2 of 5 (2,756 Views)

★ Novice

i have the same probleme

Message 3 of 5 (2,727 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
Noticed this lag mainly when replacing walls with fences. I was working on a 40x30 lot in Newcrest.
Message 4 of 5 (2,667 Views)

Hero
@l_LilMagician_l Very old thread. Is someone still having this issue ?
@Soraya1711 @jamofjars

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 5 (2,330 Views)