by crinrict

Original Post

[NEEDS INFO] Impossible genetics and broken occult status

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Nederlands
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All EPs, GPs, Laundry day SP, Toddler accessories SP, Fitness SP, Backyard SP, Kids Room SP, Movie Hangout SP, Cool Kitchen SP, Perfect Patio SP
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have multiple children with the same mother but a different father
What happens when the bug occurs? Children look identical despite different fathers // impossible genetics
What do you expect to see? Non-impossible genetics.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Only happened after installing Island Living

I've bought Island Living this morning and finally got my founder sim her second child, with a different father. However, once the child aged into a toddler, I noticed she looked exactly like her older sister who has a different father.

This is the mother. A pale mersim. 

These are both Founder's daughters. The child on the left (2nd born) is fathered by Caleb Vatore from the Vampires GP. The child on the right is fathered by Makoa Kealoha from Island Living. When I aged them up to teens through CAS, they still looked identical. However, given the mother's and Caleb's genetics, the child on the left should not look the way she does.

A screenshot of the family tree to show the children's biological fathers.

This has never happened before, so I suspect it's somehow tied to Island Living. One thing to note is that when Caleb's daughter was born, you had the little purple bat icon above her crib. However, when she became a toddler, her needs bar icon shows she's now a Mer-sim. So it seems that somehow, aging her from a baby to a toddler turned her into her sister's clone. It seems that the game isn't sure what kind of occult-status she has either. Although I can edit her mother and sister's mersim forms without any problem, trying to edit the second child's form causes this:

It doesn't say whether I can edit her mersim or vampire form when I hover above the icon, although the visual and sound effects seem to indicate she is a vampire. The icon above her traits is blank, suggesting she is in fact a human sim. Overall, the child seems nothing short of broken.

Edit 6/22:

Had another daughter with another different father. She looks identical to her sisters as well (she was born with red hair as well. I manually changed it to be blonde).

BUGanotherchild.png

Message 1 of 3 (1,933 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] Impossible genetics and broken occult status

Hero
@HannahFelagund THis sounds a bit like a mixture of this issues

- https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-A-Natural-born-hybrids-bug-out/m-p/7964259#M92885
- https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/TO-ADD-IL-Mermaid-genetics-dont-work/m-p/7965782#M93075

Would you agree ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 3 (1,556 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] Impossible genetics and broken occult status

Hero
@HannahFelagund Tagging again for feedback. To me this sounds like the mixture of these other threads. Not going to add this separatly for now but also not merging

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 3 (1,506 Views)