Re: Cannot tan as a mermaid

by crinrict

Original Post

Can't sunbathe during the day

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Island Living, Get Together, Parenthood, Seasons, Cats & Dogs, Movie Night Stuff, Romantic Garden Stuff, Backyard Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Click on any lounge chair or beach towel to get the "Sunbathe" option.
What happens when the bug occurs? "Sunbathe" option is greyed out, and when hovering over a pop up appears saying "It's too dark to sunbathe." This occurs even when the weather is sunny and it is during the day time, from around 10AM in-game onwards. The only time the Sunbathe option was available was from 5AM-8AM, then after that it no longer worked.
What do you expect to see? Sunbathing option available during all hours when there is daylight and the weather is sunny, for example from 10AM-5PM.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Installed Island Living.

I have been trying to get my Sims to Sunbathe, but it seems this option is only available around 5AM-8AM, after that the "Sunbathe" option is greyed out and it says "it's too dark to sunbathe" even when the weather is sunny and there is daylight outside.

The only CC/Mods I have is Deaderpool's MCCC, and the Pufferhead Stuff Pack, and I removed these to see if it was causing the problem but I still can't Sunbathe during the day time.

Message 11 of 33 (4,328 Views)

Re: Can't sunbathe during the day

Hero
@samwisescott Is your Sim a mermaid, a vampire or a human Sim ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 33 (4,314 Views)

Re: Sunbathing will not work?

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Hi @crinrict , thanks for your answer.

For your first question, I didn't remove the localthumbcache, I don't know what that is. Where can I find this to remove it?

To answer your other questions:

1) I haven't done a folder rename/fresh save. Which folder should I rename?

2) I have one family of four sims who are all Mermaids, and another family of five, where 3 are Mermaids and 2 are Human. Both life forms are unable to sunbathe (after a certain time of day).

3) So far I have only tried Sunbathing in Sulani, haven't tried in other worlds yet.

I have MCCC too, maybe we will have to wait for Deaderpool to update it so sunbathing can work with MCCC.  

I don't have any weather mods, I only have Deaderpool's MC Command Center (Story Progression), and the Pufferhead Stuff Pack, which is just Harry Potter-theme furniture. I took all my mods/cc out and am still having this problem.

(Posts merged by CM)

Message 13 of 33 (4,297 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@samwisescott

Could you guys try reverting your default speeds with MCCC

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 14 of 33 (4,273 Views)

Cannot tan as a mermaid

★★★★ Novice

Hi,

I can tan just fine on chairs, towels and floaters (human form), but it always tells me it is too cloudy when I try and tan in the water. I don't even have Seasons, there's absolutely no reason it should be too cloudy. I really wanted mermaid tan lines. :-( My game is CC and mod free and has always been.

Thank you!

Message 15 of 33 (4,263 Views)

Hero
@Guiboulou merged your post

So seems we have too issues here

- Possible MCCC incompatiblty
- Mermaids don't have the option

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 16 of 33 (4,251 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@crinrict Hey, sorry if that comes across as a little rude as I'm kinda new here and don't quite know how things work, but I'm pretty sure these two bugs are separate things and shouldn't be merged.

The OP cannot sunbathe at all for most of the day because it is too dark.

I can sunbathe just fine with every Sim in human form, but I can never sunbathe as a mermaid because it is too cloudy (note: my mermaids can and do tan when in their human form). I do not even own Seasons, it should never be too cloudy.
Message 17 of 33 (4,244 Views)

★ Apprentice

It was indeed the case of reverting back to the default speed in MCCC that fixed the sunbathing issue for me. While I am glad I can continue using it, days go past way too fast! Oh well. 

Message 18 of 33 (4,110 Views)

Hero
@Guiboulou It's fine to say something if you're not happy how you're thread is handled so I can explain.

As long as I don't know what's going on, I like to keep it in one thread as people tend to just use the same one and then the info gets scattered in two threads.

Mod issues are not legit issues anyway so they won't be looked into at all. I did change the title to mermaids but unfortunately, OP never came back.

Once it's clear, I will probably clear out this thread and just leave the ones that are legit.

Hope that info helps.

-----

Added as needing more info for now

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 19 of 33 (4,111 Views)

★★ Novice
@marblecjsk I changed mine and it wasnt that still. I dont know what's going on.
Message 20 of 33 (4,091 Views)