by crinrict

Original Post

[NEEDS INFO] [GTW] Retail: Paintings go missing from walls

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of the except Island Living and My First Pet Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Line paintings on the walls. Set all of them for sale. Open for business. Lots of customers will walk in and browse.
What happens when the bug occurs? I own a retail store where my sim paints paintings and sells them. I lined all the walls with paintings. Sometimes sims will walk up to paintings and then the painting will disappear. I do not get the money from it and a restock sign does not appear.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see the customer walk up to the item and give me the notification that they wish to buy it. My sim will then ring it up, the money is put into the shop funds and a restock sign will appear in place of it.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

This is the 3rd time it happened today. This is my first time owning a retail store. Do they steal them? Is it because my sim is doing other stuff so customers will just take them? 

I do not know if that is the current game version number, but I do have the most recent one.  

Message 1 of 9 (2,662 Views)
Highlighted

Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] [GTW] Paintings go missing from walls

[ Edited ]
Hero

@MrsKHatake Is it just the paintings or is anything else going missing ?

Can you place new ones (aka, do they really disappear or are they just invisible ?)

Current game version is 1.52.100. Here's instructions how to find your game version: https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2018/07/how-to-find-your-game-version-number/

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 9 (2,614 Views)

★ Apprentice

They could be stealing the paintings!

Message 3 of 9 (2,593 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I own a retail store that only sells paintings. If paintings are on the walls and for sale people will just walk up to them and take them. This is the same for when the business is closed and they are just visiting. I don’t get the money for it. They just disappear and I dont get interractions that “catch” them or to confront them about it.  It is only these items that go missing. I wouldn’t be that upset if it wasnt for them stealing masterpieces. Im doing a rag to riches challenge so I really need the simoleons.

Message 4 of 9 (2,571 Views)

★ Guide

Could they be stolen? The reason I ask is because I've experienced stolen paintings.

My Sim is a painter. She sells some paintings and keeps some on display in her home.

She has children who have the Kleptomaniac trait.

When the children age up to Young Adult and I move them out of the house, they often come visit.

I only recently noticed (mostly playing with walls down) that some paintings were missing.

So I went through her Young Adult children's inventories and found all of the paintings. They were even labeled as STOLEN from her household.

I had her children give them back to her as gifts, and now I don't let the Kleptomaniac kids come over after they age up and move out.

Message 5 of 9 (2,550 Views)

Hero
@MrsKHatake Would be interesting to add some non-paintings to your store to see if the same happens.

It could be related tot he klepto trait as others have said but it does seem to be a bit excessive.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 9 (2,538 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INFO] [GTW] Retail: Paintings go missing from walls

Hero
@MrsKHatake Addeding as needs info to see if someone else can shed some light on this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 9 (2,516 Views)

Retail lot theft

★ Expert

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Base game, Spa day, Get Together, Backyard stuff, Perfect Patio stuff, Get to work, Outdoor Retreat, Get Famous, Cats and Dogs, laundry day, and the freebies.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Beta testing
What happens when the bug occurs? Sim steals from retail lot.
What do you expect to see? No theft.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The latest patch... You know, the one that everyone is having issues with (patchpocalypse).

I have played retail lots before (the patch) and never experienced any issues. With the latest patch I have not been able to play much, due to the many bugs that came with it- however, I did start playing a new (vanilla) game and had my sim make a retail lot (selling paintings), and on both time of opening there was theft of my paintings (including masterpiece paintings that were ten thousand simoleons- and a couple that were a couple hundred simoleons). The theft left behind no way to restock the items, and I watched a sim do it right in front of my sim (with my sim having no way to stop it, or confront the sim).

Many people may want theft in their own game. I do not want it in mine (and really... I do question those who actually want things like that).

And yes, to go through the whole spiel.... My computer meets more than the specs, I do not have mods in, did a repair, always delete localthumbcache, yadda yadda yadda yadda.

Message 8 of 9 (2,508 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INFO] [GTW] Retail: Paintings go missing from walls

★★★★★ Novice

I have a painter sims who own a painting retail store every time i open for business painting start disappearing one by one when i finally notice it was customer that are stealing them! it's irritating! not sure if it is a bug cause customer is being stealing from my flower retail store too i did turn off ECO lifestyle gameplay and it;s still happening.

Message 9 of 9 (1,490 Views)