by MaelthraSsinss

Original Post

[NEEDS INFO] [GF] Sim Doesn't Earn Royalties on Videos

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.48.94.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All Expansions. All Game Packs. All Stuff Packs with the exception of Backyard, Cool Kitchen, Kids Stuff, and Vintage Glamour packs.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play as normal
What happens when the bug occurs? Last Exception created when Royalties are supposed to be accrued. No Royalties are accrued.
What do you expect to see? Royalties are supposed to be added.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Sim is using The More Views Video Station. 

Last Exception follows (having issue attaching the file).

Spoiler
<?xml version="1.0" ?><root>
<report><version>2</version><sessionid>674b13fb49bfb48f5c1fc6a9</sessionid><type>desync</type><sku>ea.maxis.sims4_64.15.pc</sku><createtime>2018-12-23 11:42:43</createtime><buildsignature>Local.Unknown.Unknown.1.48.94.1020-1.200.000.377.Release</buildsignature><categoryid>royalty_tracker.py:421</categoryid><desyncid>674b13fb49bfb48f5c1fc6a9</desyncid><systemconfig/><screenshot/><desyncdata>Exception in Sim Timeline: Exception running Element (AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'one_time_bonus')&#13;&#10;Traceback (most recent call last):&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\scheduling.py", line 212, in simulate&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\alarms.py", line 260, in _run&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\scheduler.py", line 309, in _alarm_callback&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\sims\royalty_tracker.py", line 599, in _royalty_alarm_tick&#13;&#10; File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\sims\royalty_tracker.py", line 421, in update_royalties_and_get_paid&#13;&#10;AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'one_time_bonus'&#13;&#10;rtim=0</desyncdata></report>
</root>

Message 1 of 10 (2,483 Views)

Re: Sim Doesn't Earn Royalties on Videos

Hero
There was someone else that had issues with this but I think repairing the game helped them.

What kinds of mods have you been using before you removed them ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 10 (2,457 Views)

★ Novice

I have all kinds of mods. 

Mostly CAS Custom Content, but I have some gameplay mods as well. 

I recreated and received the same Exception with absolutely no mods at all. I've already repaired my game. 

Message 3 of 10 (2,438 Views)

Hero
Going to mark this as needs input to see if anyone else has this issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 10 (2,419 Views)

★ Guide

I had this too after installing GF. Only with one Household though where i did get Royalities (Books, Songs etc.) before (testing with other Households where i did get them the first time ever worked fine). I tested without any Mods/CC. The only way to fix this was to put the Household into the Library, delete the one in the world and to put them back ingame. That resetted the Royalities as well as other stuff like Relationships. After that the Royalities worked as they should again.

Message 5 of 10 (2,395 Views)

Hero

I'm adding this as needs info.

If someone has more information why and when this is happening, please share :D

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 10 (2,340 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm having this same issue right now! I also make my sims write sheet music which never appear in my inventory, but go thru the whole process wasting game time.

Message 7 of 10 (2,050 Views)

Hero
@A1ALLDAYEVERYDAY Are you using mods at all ? Any extra info you have on this would be good.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 10 (2,039 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INFO] [GF] Sim Doesn't Earn Royalties on Videos

★★★ Novice
@MaelthraSsinss I'm having this problem now, too. Mine suddenly stopped showing video royalties, though it still displays book royalties. It's not a visual glitch though because I don't get paid for the videos.
I have all the packs, and no mods or cc have been installed since before Eco Lifestyle came out.
Message 9 of 10 (1,595 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INFO] [GF] Sim Doesn't Earn Royalties on Videos

Hero
@simmingthrulife Are you also getting a last Exception like OP ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 10 (1,571 Views)