by Dukemon11

Original Post

[NEEDS INFO] Fire in loading screen resets property/ game progesses on loading

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Deutsch
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What is your current game version number? 1.53
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? The Sims 4 Get to Work, The Sims 4 Feiertagsbündel, The Sims 4 Wellness-Tag GP, The Sims 4 Cool Kitchen Stuff, The Sims 4 Gartenspaß Acc., The Sims 4 Sonnenterrassen Acc.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Place chemistry laboratory for children or any fire place that set fire and trevel with another Sim to another lot/community lot
What happens when the bug occurs? household lot set back to state from loading the savegame, when a fire bursting out during the game load the loading screen to trevel to a community lot
What do you expect to see? my Sim and his date staying on the Wellness lot and have a nice day
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Situation: I play the household since loading this savegame, today. 3 Sim days. Day 2, I added a microwave to the kitchen. Day 3. The three children, one of them is a teenager, of the household return from school, two of them are tense. The other is happy doing concentrated his homework.
I place the stuffed animal from the room of one child to another room, move the children's drawing table to the ground floor. Place the chemistry laboratory for children where the children's drawing table used to be. The concentrated child works with it.
For the teenager I clicked on the mobile phone > Travel... and let them travel with a school friend. While she was doing this, she sat at the edge of the pool from her home pool. It takes a while until the blue loading screen starts, the game is probably loaded while the simulation is still running.
Arrived at the wellness center I receive the message from the game, on the property a fire broke out. My teenager strangely leaves the community property by itself and the game loads the home property again. At home I find the property in the same condition as when I reloaded the savegame.
Cuddly toy and children's drawing table are there of the old position. The chemistry laboratory for children is not there as the microwave in the kitchen. The painted picture on the easel is also gone.
As I said, this is the state of the house when I loaded the savegame. The chili dish was still on the kitchen counter, although the chili had already been used up.

It happens for the first time for me and I can not repeat it by myself, because I cannot set fire, when the game loading the loading screen.

Solution proposition: Please stop forbidding travel in case of fire.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator

Installed Mods:

More CAS Columns (3 C.)

SimulationLagFix

UI Cheats Ext.

Extrem Violence

Torture Chaos

Put Grilled Food on Surface Fix

NoAutoAliensMemoryErase

NoMosaic

No Autonomous Check Toddler

No Autonomous Drinking

Newcrest, Oasis Springs, Willow Creek Fanart Maps

Message 1 of 9 (1,558 Views)

Re: Fire in loading screen resets property

Hero
@Dukemon11 You actually shouldn't be able to travel when there's a fire to my knowledge.

Can you recreate this when you are not using any mods ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 9 (1,517 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

@crinrictYou can if fire breaks out after game starts loading map mode.

@Dukemon11What lot traits does your spa have? Minors are immediately send home if it's clothing optional.

It would be nice if they pause the game once loading overlay appears so such an event won't happen in the first place during that time

Message 3 of 9 (1,511 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

So it's not the wellness property that had the fire ? I'm confused.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 9 (1,506 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

crinrict: the fire started at home after my Sim should travel to the spa. 

the Spa property has the nude trait. my teenager Sims went back because of the fire, that startet shortly after the game faded out to the loading screen. However, when my Sim was back at home the lot was on the state from loading the savegame. No fire, no changes until the fire.

The progress from my Sims were not set back. 

And how I said in my entry post. I cannot reproduce it, because fires starting randomly. 

Message 5 of 9 (1,480 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Dukemon11 But you're not seeing any resets on the lot unless there's a fire ?

Trying to summarize to make sure I understand this right

- Loading screen continues game play on the old lot causing the fire
- Message occurs at after loading the new lot
- Everything at home is set back to when you last saved ?

(this sounds a lot like the vet/do outfit issue that also can reset everything you did)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 9 (1,465 Views)

★ Pro

Teen went home because they aren't allowed on nudist lots (stricter rules in the US than in central Europe) and not because there's a fire at home. I'm pretty sure she would have stayed at the spa if it didn't have that trait.

Message 7 of 9 (1,460 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

How I said. During playing this houshold some of it has changed. Placed a microwave. One of the Sims painted a Painting. This Painting was still on the easel. That is what it looked, when my Sim traveld to a community lot. 

Everything is set back an the Chili is on the counter. Like at the beginning after loading this savegame.

No, on this PC I have not installed Cats and Dogs.

Message 8 of 9 (1,455 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Dukemon11 I'm not saying it's the same, just similar. There's no connection that makes it happen. I think it's has something to do with the game running into an error and loading the last 'safe' point.

@kusurusu: so not connected.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 9 (1,448 Views)