by pope_patchouli

Original Post

[NEEDS SAVES] [DU] Sims Turning into Servos

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.58.69.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? It happens randomly when you open the manage household screen
What happens when the bug occurs? unplayed sims that I have created have turned into servos I cannot edit them in cas or in game to turn them back into normal sims
What do you expect to see? sims should not turn into servos...
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. it started after I bought the university expansion pack and added it to my game

this bug has already happened to three of my families. I've noticed two families with sims that had turned into servos at the same time, and once I deleted them, another sims turned into a servo

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 35 (3,437 Views)

Re: Unplayed Sims Turning into Servos

★ Guide
@pope_patchouli Have you taken the mods out and tested it?
Message 2 of 35 (3,375 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Yeah :/ I tried repairing the game as well, but the servo sims still looked the same

Message 3 of 35 (3,340 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@pope_patchouli : The damage is probably already done in the case of Sims who turned into Servos. See if leaving out mods keeps any more ofthem from changing, though.
Message 4 of 35 (3,332 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I waited a while to see if anything would happen after removing my mods and today I noticed another sim had turned into a servo Frown

Message 5 of 35 (3,289 Views)

Hero
@pope_patchouli Is your mods folder empty now except resource.cfg ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 35 (3,282 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Yup. I played with my current household for a while with an empty mods folder, and once I went back to the sims manager screen, I noticed another sim had turned into a servo. The ones that turn are sims that I have interacted with before during my gameplay, but never played with them directly, idk if that makes a difference or not.

Message 7 of 35 (3,264 Views)

Hero
@pope_patchouli I'm going to mark this as Needs Info to see if anyone else is having his issue. Especially if there a non-mod user that has it.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 8 of 35 (3,240 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INFO] [DU] Unplayed Sims Turning into Servos

★★ Guide

Since you have Get Famous, can you check if a servo that's part of your household / that you know has the "Trendsetter" perk? On a Sims Discord channel someone else with this issue sourced it to that. Servos are indeed Sims with special clothes, which is why https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-DU-Random-portrait-of-servos-after-graduation/m-p/... and https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-GTW-DU-Servo-is-pregnant-after-Abduction/m-p/84398... happen.

Note: I do not have Get Famous and cannot reproduce this one myself.

Message 9 of 35 (3,133 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INFO] [DU] Unplayed Sims Turning into Servos

★★★ Apprentice

No one has that perk :/ and one thing I noticed is that if I leave two of those transformed sims as servos, the game won’t auto generate more. But if I delete them then a new sim is turned into a servo. I wonder if the game just has some sort of necessity to have servos and as none of my sims have built one, it just transformed other sims into one .-.

Message 10 of 35 (3,124 Views)