by crinrict

Original Post

[NEEDS INFO] [DU] NPC Roommates at Drake Hall - No Autonomy

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.58.63.1210
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Discover University, Island Living, Get Famous, Seasons, Cats and Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work, Parenthood, Vampires, Dine Out, Outdoor Retreat, Spa Day, Moschino Stuff, Laundry Day, Toddler Stuff, Fitness Stuff, Vintage Glamour Stuff, Backyard Stuff, Kids Room Stuff, Romantic Garden Stuff, Movie Hangout Stuff, Cool Kitchen Stuff, Perfect Patio Stuff, Luxury Party Stuff, Holiday Celebration Pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? This happened after I did I complete renovation of Drake Hall residence at Britechester University. When my sim moved in there for a new term, most of the NPC roommates seemed to have very little autonomy and would just stand in one spot until they passed out, soiled themselves and ultimately died of starvation.
What happens when the bug occurs? NPC roommates at Drake Hall can't seem to take care of themselves and are constantly passing out, soiling themselves and starving to death. They spend hours on end standing in one place.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see the NPC roommates take care of themselves, get their own food, use the toilet, the shower and beds.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Discover University

n/a

Message 1 of 10 (3,096 Views)

Re: NPC Roommates at Drake Hall - No Autonomy

[ Edited ]
Hero

@yokozuna4ever Did you put any CC in the dorm ? Do you have issues if you don't edit the dorm ?

There's a similar thread here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/Discover-University-Stuck-Gameplay/m-p/8434829 so maybe something is blocking them in the way you built.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 10 (3,012 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

It only started happening after I renovated Drake Hall. The first term, before I renovated, the sims were acting normally. Then, after the renovation, it happened. It only affected the NPC sims in the dorm, not my playable sim. But she got fairly depressed after watching all her roommates die one by one. I tried playing 2 terms like this, the same thing happened both terms. I moved my sim out of Drake Hall for the next term.

Message 3 of 10 (2,978 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@yokozuna4ever I think it's possible to upload dorms to the gallery, right ? If so, could you share your build ?

----------

Tagging as Needs Info cause I'm curious what folks did that have this

• Did you edit the Dorms ?
  • Did you add any CC ?
  • Is your Sim behaving normally or does he freeze ?
  • How many Sims are in your household ?
  • Anything else ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 10 (2,955 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

OK, I uploaded it to the gallery. My account ID is Yokozuna4ever and I only have 3 uploads, one of which is the Drake Hall reno. Also I did not add any custom content. I had 1 sim in my household.

(Posts merged by CM)

Message 5 of 10 (2,856 Views)

Hero
@yokozuna4ever I'll test this as soon as I can.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 10 (2,805 Views)

Hero
@yokozuna4ever Finally getting around to test your dorm and this is my Sims first semester so I don't know if changing the dorm mid term has anything to do with it.

I see one Sim that seems to be stuck and I wonder if it has something to do with the double beds and the side to the wall being assigned to the Sim.

Could you maybe try if it makes a different if you always assign the side that's not on the wall ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 10 (2,760 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INFO] [DU] NPC Roommates at Drake Hall - No Autonomy

★★★ Novice

Something similar happened to my sims but not to such severity.  This was at Tidal House at Foxberry.  The sims didn't stand still until they died but they would just stand around the elevator or stand in the bathroom until my sim went to bed and then they'd go to bed too.  They didn't really interact with anything; they just piled mounds and mounds of food on the table and stand there complaining until time for bed.

Message 8 of 10 (2,331 Views)

★★★ Novice

I've had exactly the same as Kakini, mine get stuck until my sim goes to bed, then they all reset.

I haven't got any custom content or altered anything in the dorm. 

Message 9 of 10 (2,202 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INFO] [DU] NPC Roommates at Drake Hall - No Autonomy

★★★★ Guide
@yokozuna4ever Kitchen elements are not allowed in the one story dorms they must eat on campus. A regular lot that is a dorm can have a cafeteria in it.
Message 10 of 10 (2,174 Views)