[NEEDS SAVES] Counters disappear/NPC Stealing (Sharing is Caring active)

by ToraUF0

Original Post

Re: Sims keep stealing my furniture

★★★ Guide

Control + Shift + C to open up the cheat box

Type in "TestingCheats On"  (without the quotation marks)

Shift + click on either your mail box or the Neighbourhood Action Plan Board

This should give you the option to instantly repeal a NAP.

There is more information here: https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/expansionpacks/ecolifestyle/cheats.php

Message 71 of 201 (846 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INFO] Counters disappear/NPC Stealing (without N.A.P.)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@nixxi118 Did you check the neighborhood your restaurant is in or the one your Sims lives in.

See this: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INFO-Counters-disappear-NPC-Stealing-without-N-A-P/m-p/9...

@xKTx91x Merged your thread into existing thread

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 72 of 201 (826 Views)

★ Novice

I have tried what you have suggested but items are still being stolen from homes residential and community lots. It’s very annoying I can’t enjoy the game, my sims can be at a table in the middle of a meal and a random walks over and the table disappears.

Message 73 of 201 (790 Views)

Hero
@xKTx91x Would you mind sending me your save ? Instructions in my signature

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 74 of 201 (787 Views)

★ Novice

I have just sent the link in PM.

Message 75 of 201 (764 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@xKTx91x Thank you. I'll take a look once I'm through with AHQ

EDIT: In which neighborhood do you have issues ?

I tested a few in Willow Creek, Oasis Springs and Newcrest and saw no stealing there.

Checking Windenburg, I found one that has sharing is caring active which explains why you see it there.

Bild_2020-11-12_150938.png

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 76 of 201 (754 Views)

Paparazzi Stealing Items

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.154.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Eco Lifestyle Discover University Island Living Get Famous Seasons Cats and Dogs City Living Get to Work Jungle Adventure Parenthood Tiny Living Moschino Laundry Day Kids Room
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Own a retail store as a celebrity
What happens when the bug occurs? Paparazzi who come in to take pictures of the celebrity swipe all the objects in my store within seconds of them showing up.
What do you expect to see? Paparazzi and all others should not steal my items, especially when set for sale
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Eco Lifestyle NAPs are disabled therefore is not sharing is caring NAP. Only happens on retail lot when paparazzi are present

Message 77 of 201 (705 Views)

Re: Paparazzi Stealing Items

Hero
@Sbowers96 When did you disable them ? It's possible that they were activated before you disabled them

Would you mind sending me your save ? Instructions in my signature

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 78 of 201 (697 Views)

Re: Paparazzi Stealing Items

Champion
@Sbowers96 the default template for the creation of a paparazzi sim includes the klepto trait. Every paparazzi is a klepto, and I don't think setting an object for sale prevents it from being a valid stealing target. So this sounds like normal game behaviour.

I have CAS edited most of the sims in my game, which includes removing the klepto trait because I don't like sims having it so much. Now only one of my six paparazzi is a klepto, so maybe you can work around it the same way.
Message 79 of 201 (685 Views)

NPC Sims swipe Table / chess board with all chairs (N.A.P active)

★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform: PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.154.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Snowy Escape, StarWars, Luxury Party Stuff & Ghoulish Guitar

Steps: I have the N.A.P Sharing is Caring active in Foxbury and in the common building and the NPC sims walking around there swipe one table including the connected chair after the next away, this also happen to the chess board. And yes its 1 sim that take away Table & 6 chair in 1 swipe.
What happens when the bug occurs? NPC Sims apparently steal a chair but instead steal the whole table with all chair on it what also reset all sims that current seat around the table.
What do you expect to see? NPC Sim only steal the chair not the whole table/ chair group.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Not sure because first time having the Sharing is Caring active
Please describe the patch or change you made: Only change is the NAP active and the 1.68.154.1020 update

Beside this issue it might be a good idea to disable the N.A.P (or at last the Sharing is Caring) for the 2 University lots because the items from the rented buildings are also taken away without easy way for the player to get them back into a usable building!

Message 80 of 201 (742 Views)