[NEEDS SAVES] Counters disappear/NPC Stealing (Sharing is Caring active)

by ToraUF0

Original Post

Re: [NEEDS INFO] Sims keep stealing my stuff without kleptomaniac trait

Hero
@nancymulligan11 Do you have the sharing is caring NAP active in your neighborhood ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 121 of 201 (497 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INFO] Sims keep stealing my stuff without kleptomaniac trait

★★★ Newbie

Right, I just looked and yes, it is active. I totally missed that, thank you! I keep forgetting NAPs are a thing now.

Message 122 of 201 (479 Views)

NPC's stealing Lot Items

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.69.59.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions, game, and stuff packs are installed.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I don't know.
What happens when the bug occurs? NPC will repeatedly steal items from the lot being played on. Lots become unplayable. This might be guests on the home lot being played stealing counters and TVs and appliances or NPC background sims clearing every table and bar stool out of a bar lot or every bookcase and table out of a library lot. (It's also disappointing to lose the Creator aesthetic when I can't replace exactly what was lost)
What do you expect to see? NPCs will not clear out Lots and cause then to be unplayable.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I have NPC Sims "stealing" items from lots repeatedly making lots unplayable. Super annoying!

This included visitor Sims in a home Lot... to "background" NPCs in lots being visited... 

Lots become "incomplete" and renders the game basically unplayable... also ruins the aesthetic of lots when I can't recreate the original items and placement.

It's like the game is vandalizing itself.

Message 123 of 201 (489 Views)

Re: NPC's stealing Lot Items

★★★ Guide
@daray636 sounds like you have the N.A.P. "Sharing is Caring" active (from Eco Lifestyle). Options:
> repeal it 'normally' via a letterbox/community board
> cheat to repeal it (TestingCheats On -> shift + click on a letterbox/community board)
> turn NAPs off via Game Options/Settings
Message 124 of 201 (465 Views)

Re: NPC's stealing Lot Items

★★ Novice
@Thats_Me_Madz Thank you! I'm not sure but I will check that out! I appreciate the guidance!
Message 125 of 201 (436 Views)

BB items disappearing from public lots

★★★★ Apprentice

How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? Latest
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Star Wars
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Visit a public lot
What happens when the bug occurs? Multiple build buy items disappear
What do you expect to see? Items should not disappear
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Lately a lot of my public lots have been glitching, such that multiple build buy items just vanish. It's all kinds of items, and often required items for different kinds of lots. It's been mostly parks and bars so far.

Message 126 of 201 (426 Views)

Re: BB items disappearing from public lots

★★★ Guide
@durango1906 sounds like you have the "Sharing is Caring" NAP activated.
You can either turn these off in settings, or repeal it the 'normal' way, or cheat it off using testingcheats true -> shift click a letterbox -> repeal
Message 127 of 201 (400 Views)

Re: BB items disappearing from public lots

Hero
@durango1906 Merging this with the main thread on NAP stealing.

Could you double check if it's active ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 128 of 201 (386 Views)

NPCs keep taking items from public places I've built. So frustrating!

★ Novice

How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.70.84 1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expect journey to battu
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I'm not sure
What happens when the bug occurs? Everytime I visit a public place e.g. restaurant, club, lounge that I've created, NPCs keep taking things from the place. Five times in the last half hour I've been playing my entire restaurant has been cleared out when I build it back up again. I can't do anything about it.
What do you expect to see? Not to have my places gutted. It doesn't happen on premade lots. Just the ones I've made from build mode.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Don't have any 

Message 129 of 201 (399 Views)

The NPCs in my game keep taking items from lots I've created.

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

The NPCs in my game keep taking items, every time I design and build a public lot, they come, gut the place out and I have to build it all over again. I don't have mods and the sharing is caring action plan is inactive. I've updated and repaired my game countless times and I'm so frustrated. Five times since I've been playing today I've had all my restaurant items removed by characters I can't control and have to rebuild all over again. So annoying! Anyone got any ideas how to fix this? It's making doing anything outside of my living place really unenjoyable. 😩

Message 130 of 201 (391 Views)