Re: Counters disappear/NPC Stealing (without N.A.P.)

by crinrict

Original Post

[NEEDS SAVES] Counters disappear/NPC Stealing (Sharing is Caring active)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.65.77.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except for Luxury party stuff pack.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Not sure. Play with a normal family, talk to NPCs and watch your kitchen counters disappear
What happens when the bug occurs? Kitchen counters are suddenly gone.
What do you expect to see? My kitchen.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

So, I'm just playing rags to riches and I finally have some counters. After a day or two the counters disappeared, all six of them, one even had a sink in! I bought two new ones, and the next day one is gone. This is super annoying!

It has happened several times with several families. The last one was a completely new family and new house after the update. 

There was a thread https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/FIXED-ECO-Objects-disappear-from-lots-NPC-Stealing-with-and/td... but @crinrict marked it as fixed and said to create a new thread if it occurs after the patch, and so here it is Tongue out 

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 201 (6,607 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@ToraUF0 Did you double check all the things I asked to check before making a new thread ?

- NAP active ?
- Did you check if Sims are maybe still affected by NAPs with the commodities ?

- Is it a new save or just a new family ?

If the NAP is active in your hood then it's not a bug.

If you're unsure you can send me your save to check.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 201 (6,523 Views)

Eco Living BUG. Sims STILL stealing after 8/18/20 patch (not kleptos)

★ Apprentice

How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All but 2 stuff packs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play for 10 mins, invite sims over to a lot with objects, watch them all swipe everything
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims steal objects from community and residential lots
What do you expect to see? Sims not steal counters, sinks, tables! If they are not kleptos
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I bought and installed Eco living

The latest patch did not fix this bug. It makes my game unplayable.

Message 3 of 201 (6,532 Views)

Re: Eco Living BUG. Sims STILL stealing after 8/18/20 patch (not kleptos)

Message 4 of 201 (6,512 Views)

Re: Eco Living BUG. Sims STILL stealing after 8/18/20 patch (not kleptos)

Hero
@SarahsShady77 I'm guessing your game is still affected by the commodities (or the NAP is still active in your hood).

Did you verify the things I've asked in the original thread ?

The post is here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/FIXED-ECO-Objects-disappear-from-lots-NPC-Stealing-with-and/m-...

If you have done all that and still have the issue, you can also send me your save to take a look at but I'm guessing that you either have the NAP still active in your hood (in which case this isn't a bug) or the commodities are still stuck.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 201 (6,477 Views)

★ Apprentice

I started a new save, and played with it for a bit. NPCs didn't steal the counters this time. However there are of course still all the other bugs, and I feel like I'm forcing myself to play even though it's not enjoyable anymore. There are too many things for me to even report separately, and I know more people have those kinds of problems

Message 6 of 201 (6,420 Views)

items desappear in public plots

★★★ Newbie

Which language are you playing the game in? Italiano
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I don't know
What happens when the bug occurs? NPC sims that arrive in a restaurant, veterinary clinic or other public places steal objects randomly. None of the sims have the cleptomaniac trait and sometimes they make the debug pose while stealing things.
What do you expect to see? sims using public places as they're meant to be used.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. it was after installing Nifty Knitting Stuff Pack and installing the latest patch (1.65.77.1020)

by debug pose i mean the arms wide and stand-up pose sims make when you select the debug option from the debug menu while holding shift.

Message 7 of 201 (6,417 Views)

Re: items desappear in public plots

★★ Expert
Message 8 of 201 (6,401 Views)

Re: items desappear in public plots

Hero
@LaBambinaOstile Did you make sure the Sharing is Caring is not active in the lot the restaurant is on ?

You need to switch to a residential lot and make sure it's not active with that and if it is, repeal it.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 201 (6,386 Views)

[ECO] NPCs still stealing after patch (without N.A.P)

★★ Novice

How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except - Moschino, fitness, bowling, kids room, cool kitchen, luxury party
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have Eco lifestyle installed... as it seems to be happening continuously
What happens when the bug occurs? Regardless of NAP, NPC sims steal EVERYTHING.
What do you expect to see? When the NAP "sharing is caring" is active, i expect NPCs to take objects fairly, and only from residents or community lots like parks etc not from any lot with a job involved
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Sharing is caring wasnt active, an npc stole a chair and table out of the bar, its made the bar get an error in build mode as it didnt have all items required, then made it so the bartender NPC lost his job because of it...
Also happened in a restaurant.
Even after toggling the Eco options off it doesnt stop this happening and the bug was meant to be fixed in the last patch.

Message 10 of 201 (6,388 Views)