[ARCHIVED] Computer pie menu lags/freezes/crashes

by vultjag

Original Post

Lag time between selecting a computer and options appearing

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.134.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except My First Pet Stuff, Spooky Stuff, and Kids Room Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a sim select a computer (to use it)
What happens when the bug occurs? There is about a ten second lag time between clicking on the computer and the options for the computer appearing (i.e. "Socialize", "Play Game", etc.)
What do you expect to see? No lag time in between a sim selecting a computer and the options for using it to appear
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Never appeared until I updated to the most recent patch (reported above)

I have tried repairing the game, resetting my Sims 4 folder, removing all mods, and even switching out the type of computer in-game, and this lag time is always happening.

Message 11 of 61 (2,095 Views)

Re: Lag time between selecting a computer and options appearing

Hero
@ladysweettart Merged your post with existing report.

Make sure to click me too on the first post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 61 (2,063 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Platform: macOS
Which language are you playing the game in? French
What is your current game version number? 1.63.134.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Just click on a computer
What happens when the bug occurs? The game freeze until the interactions menu appears, if it appears ...
What do you expect to see? I expect the computer interaction menu to show
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? I have none of that in my Game. 
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Never appeared before patch or Ecology pack. Don’t know which one, didn’t played after the patch was installed. 

Tried repair, multiple saves.
On one save, the menu doesn’t not appear at all. Or maybe I’m not patient enough. 
On another save, in one household, it take like 30 seconds to appear. In another household, it take a little bit less time.
Computer is up to date.

Message 13 of 61 (2,059 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Computer pie menu takes a long time to come up

★★ Novice

I’m also having this issue. My sim is in San Myshuno and whenever I try to use the computer, time freezes. I’ve tried multiple computers, repairing my game and the problem persists. Not having this issue with any other objects. 

Message 14 of 61 (1,995 Views)

★ Guide

Same problem.

Gameplay was fine after the patch, error eccoured after installing Eco Lifestyle.

Different neighbourhoods, different computers,.

Game repaired, computers in the game were replaced.

After I  set the graphics to low the popup for the computer menue still takes a bit to load but at least the game doesn't freeze anymore.

Still annoying because it was working just fine before Eco Lifestyle.

Message 15 of 61 (1,951 Views)

★ Apprentice

This bug should be merged with the other opened bug about computers in game interaction. It is the same issue.

Message 16 of 61 (1,912 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Figured I would put in some more input to help validate the fact this is an issue.

Product: The Sims 4

Platform:PC

Which language are you playing the game in? English

How often does the bug occur? All the time since I started playing again with the release of the Eco Lifestyle expansion. Haven't for over a month so I don't know if this bug came with a prior update or not. 

What is your current game version number? 1.63.134.1020

What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? :

Expansions: All except Cats and Dogs
Game Packs: Realm of Magic, Strangerville, Jungle Adventure, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat
Stuff Packs: Toddler, Fitness, Bowling, Cool Kitchen Stuff

Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves?: Click on a computer in the game and the delay occurs.

What happens when the bug occurs?: The interactive menu for the computer doesn't appear for up to ten seconds (sometimes 15.) During this period, the in game time stops, with the same issues vultjag was experiencing. 

What do you expect to see?: I want to see the interactive menu for in game computers.

Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods?: No

Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system?: Yes. Not sure which patch, but I do know I was able to play the game just fine over a month ago.

Note: I know my AMD Graphics Driver isn't up to date, but whenever I try to update it to a more recent version I am unable to actually use the driver software. 

Message 17 of 61 (1,886 Views)

Sims 4 PS4 - Sim Home and Work Computer Interactions Delayed/Unresponsive

★★★ Novice

Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
What is your current game version number? 1.26
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have every expansion (including Eco Lifestyle), game pack, and stuff pack installed with the exception of the following: Moschino Stuff Bowling Night Stuff Movie Hangout Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Select any computer in the Sims 4 household with the cursor, using the X button.
What happens when the bug occurs? The options for interacting with a computer that a Sim owns has an approximate 20-second delay before appearing on screen. During this delay, all button commands are non-responsive. Attempting to input multiple commands (while waiting for computer interactions to appear) will typically lead to a bottleneck that causes the game to crash. This problem is even more severe for the Detective Career while at work. Work computers have an additional delay while simply hovering the cursor over a work computer, cumulatively leading to nearly 60 seconds of non-responsiveness while the game acknowledges button inputs.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see virtually no delay at all when interacting with a computer, which was the norm prior to this latest update and Eco Lifestyle expansion.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Please describe the patch or change you made. I both updated to the latest patch on 4 June and installed Eco Lifestyle before noticing this bug. I can confirm this issue never happened to me prior to the update.

Message 18 of 61 (1,908 Views)

Re: Sims 4 PS4 - Sim Home and Work Computer Interactions Delayed/Unresponsive

★ Apprentice

My game hasn't crashed from it yet. But the delay is horrible. Seems like it increases going from one household to another. It started with 8 sec, then 10, the last household I played today was more than 20 sec. It started happening right after Eco Life style installation.

I have all packs, play on PC, don't use CC and mods

Message 19 of 61 (1,895 Views)

Re: Sims 4 PS4 - Sim Home and Work Computer Interactions Delayed/Unresponsive

★★★★ Apprentice
@KingRiegz A lot of players are having this problem. There is a thread about it here-
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Time-Freezes-When-Any-Computer-on-any-Lot-is-Hovered-Over...
Message 20 of 61 (1,885 Views)