by yamsisims

Original Post

[NEEDS SAVES] Interaction menu delay on sims and computer while game run fine

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.154.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except star war pack, backyard stuff, Luxury party, Knitting stuff and toddler stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? just click on other sims that you are not currently command and click on the computer.
What happens when the bug occurs? interaction menu delay to comes up for sims and computer
What do you expect to see? this delay gone.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

When I click on the other sims(sim that I didn't command at the moment) it's take about 1.8 sec for interaction menu to comes up, when I click on the computer it's take about 2.45 sec for menu to comes up. Both just the delay of the menu. my game work fine, my sims still do their thing while I wait for the interaction menu. and if I move my mouse the menu will appeared where my mouse's cursor is. the detail that I think my issue is not the same as other is there are no lag and freeze at all I see everything move and I am sure it hit 60FPS or above 45FPS but the menu just take time to come up instead of immediately. 1.8 and 2.45 sec just kill some immersive off me while I have my vampire try to feed on a sim but wait for the menu until they go away. things I have try? everything include re-install and created a new save yet this things still happen with less delay but when I put my mods back it's act the same as the clean install (less delay on that save), then I think my mods are not the cause. my next test is copy the household I played on the original save and place them in new save game, less delay on sims then I think my save maybe corrupted so I created the whole new family and place them in my original world guess what? they have less delay than other household in the same save. after the test I have my conclusion 1.my mod is fine 2.my save game is fine 3.sims that have delay are those who have relation ship, item in their inventory, career and skill that made them have more interaction than other sims. for the computer no matter my household have item in house's inventory or not, it's still delay and the delay decrease about 0.8 sec if I continue to click on it multiple time. I have asked the support month ago about this case that they confirm me it's a bug and they will report it to the dev team and I heard there will be update coming so I wait for the patch if they fix it but no, that why I post my issue now.

P.S. I first noticed this after I bought Eco lifestyle as a bundle with Spar day and kid room stuff.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 38 (13,229 Views)

Re: Interaction menu delay on sims and computer while game run fine

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Lord_Degatron Do you have lots of stuff in your inventory ?

This issue was supposed to be fixed but delays are probably still there, depending on computer, inventory amount and other factors.

I do still see them in game too but they aren't really bad for me anymore

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 38 (13,200 Views)

Re: Interaction menu delay on sims and computer while game run fine

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Yup, a lot but it's shouldn't be a problem since other things run fine. it's look like I buy many DLC that cause this. 

Message 3 of 38 (13,183 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Computer pie menu takes a long time to come up

★★★★ Novice

I put in a bug report this morning on Xbox One.  This is still a bug after the patch of November 10th, 2020 (version 1.33 console).  Not only is the computer pie menu lagging, but when the sims use a computer at work or vacation it crashes to the Xbox Home screen.

Message 4 of 38 (13,186 Views)

★★★★ Novice

EA, you say you need input, and I have reported it is still happening.  Can we get some kind of update on this problem??

Message 5 of 38 (13,176 Views)

Hero
@yamsisims Could you provide info asked here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Computer-pie-menu-takes-a-long-time-to-come-up/m-p... ?

For XB1 crashing please use this thread: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Consoles/Open-XB1-Crashing-during-travel-save-the-game-in...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 38 (13,163 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I have the same issue. I first noticed this on Sims 3 after I installed a few expansion packs, but if I turned off the internet and most expansions, it helped, but it was still slightly lagging and I chalked that up to being an old laptop.

Now with a new laptop and Sims 4, all was fine until I installed Eco Lifestyle. After that I noticed the computer menu would take a while to show up, and sometimes it wouldn't even highlight when you hover on it. Once you do click on it, until the menu shows up (which can take from 4 seconds to 30 seconds), even though you can hover over other objects (and you can see the white outline), it won't actually allow you to select anything. Can having too many expansion packs do this? Is there a way to uninstall Eco Lifestyle?

Also it seems the longer the game is on, the worse the PC menu lag gets. Frown

Also, I installed Eco Lifestyle after the patch update- the proper one lol

Message 7 of 38 (13,011 Views)

Hero
@sailorcrisp Is the computer menu the only thing that's lagging ? Did you have a Winterfest with Father Winter not showing up ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 38 (13,005 Views)

★★ Novice

Yep it's only the computer menu lagging so far and I guess the only other thing is saving games takes slightly longer than it used to, but not as bad as the computer menu bug.

Father Winterfest still shows up although he shows up a bit late (closer to 9pm).

I "uninstalled" EP09 (Eco Lifestyle) from the PC folder and the problem seems to have gone Standard smile

Message 9 of 38 (13,000 Views)

Task menu crashes sims 4 xbox 1

★★★ Novice
Spoiler
Task menu crashes

Anytime my sim uses the computer to search police data base in his career the game crashes... Since the latest update anytime my sims use a computer or anything else that requires a task menu it takes forever for the task menu to load then it crashes... Super annoying... 

Message 10 of 38 (13,015 Views)