Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Computer pie menu takes a long time to come up

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Re: Cant bring up menu when clicking on sims computer

★★ Novice

Yes it lags for a few mins then the options come up.

Message 41 of 61 (2,232 Views)

Re: Cant bring up menu when clicking on sims computer

Hero
@victoriaFF1884 Merged your post with the report then

Please click me too on the first post

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 42 of 61 (2,224 Views)

Sims 4 Computers not responding after Eco Lifestyle install

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.61.15.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try to click on a computer. Nothing happens.
What happens when the bug occurs? None of the computers in the house respond.
What do you expect to see? I click on a computer and get no menu.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. This started occurring right after I installed Eco Lifestyle

Computers in the house do not respond. I play Sims 4 regularly. The computers were working fine until I installed Eco Lifestyle. 

Message 43 of 61 (2,210 Views)

Computer in game causing lags

★ Novice

Ever since I downloaded the Eco pack, any time I click on the computer the game it takes almost an hour for the main menu to pop up. I have tried uninstalling the new pack, uninstalling and reinstalling the whole game, etc. 

I tend to have my Sims do lots of computer based activities so would obviously love to resolve this. Has anyone else encountered this?

Message 44 of 61 (2,082 Views)

Re: Computer in game causing lags

Champion
@aor5280 You might want to check this thread: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs
Here are all known bugs and other issues after the last Expansion Pack and updates. I think you will find yours there too.

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Let op:
ik ben een vrijwilliger - ik werk dus niet voor EA. / Klik op "Ik ook" - Als je hetzelfde probleem hebt
Geef XP – Voor nuttige opmerkingen (help anderen vooruit) en markeer de oplossing - Als een antwoord jou heeft geholpen.

Message 45 of 61 (2,044 Views)

@aor5280  I've merged your post into the master thread for this issue.  Feel free to click Me Too on the first post, and keep an eye on this thread for updates.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 46 of 61 (2,017 Views)

Game freeze when using in-game computer after patch

★★★★ Apprentice

Hi Simmers!

I keep having this problem where I can't interact with the computer in any of the worlds whenever I am playing.

Whenever my mouse cursor hover over the computer, the game would hang for a good 3 mins before the options would appear.

I realized this problem occurs only after getting the eco-living and patching to the latest patch.

Anyone can help me out?

Message 47 of 61 (1,986 Views)

@lavitzodin  I've merged your post into the master thread for this issue.  Please feel free to click Me Too and add any other details you find relevant.

Message 48 of 61 (1,957 Views)

Game seems to lag whenever computer objects selected

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I'm playing with all expansions packs (including Eco) and most game and stuff packs. I don't use any mods, but am open to them if it will fix the issue.

My game runs fine (no freezing/lagging) in every situation EXCEPT when I select a computer. There's a lag between selecting the object and the options appearing. This lag usually lasts as long as 30-45 seconds and I can move the camera around during this time. I cannot select anything else while waiting for the options to appear, or the lag will extend (sometimes going as long as 2-3 minutes) before the game will seem to suddenly "catch up" and display then hide the options before showing the options for whatever new thing I've selected.

This lag does NOT occur with any other object interactions, only the computers. I've tried different computer items, deleting and purchasing new ones, etc. And it seems to have gotten worse the more options my Sim has had to choose from (i.e. as they gain new interaction options), yet other objects with lots of options (such as televisions) have no delay. It happens with all members of the households.

Because it only occurs with this one type of interaction, I'm unsure if it's a bug or some sort of technical issue.

I've already Repaired the game, and it's a clean install.

Message 49 of 61 (1,960 Views)

@WickedFunWitch  I've merged your post into the master thread for this issue.  Please feel free to click Me Too and add any other info you find relevant.

Message 50 of 61 (2,003 Views)