Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Computer pie menu takes a long time to come up

by jthelber

Original Post

Hero (Retired)

This is happening on PS4. The delay from when the computer is clicked on to when the menu comes up is quite long, 10-15 seconds. In the meantime time you can't pause the game using the controls. 

Message 21 of 61 (1,529 Views)

Re: Sims 4 PS4 - Sim Home and Work Computer Interactions Delayed/Unresponsive

Hero
@KingRiegz I merged your post with existing report.

Make sure to click me too on the first post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 22 of 61 (1,503 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

As suggested by a user on Twitter, I tried to empty the family inventory in one of my household and the issue disappeared. 
So I’ll say it’s linked to the size of the family inventory. 

Message 23 of 61 (1,431 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It will help a lot if you sell your saved items in your household inventory

!. Go to build mode 

2. Select Household inventory on the bottom left of the screen (the transparent box that may have a exclamation point in the yellow triangle) 

3. Select Show All 

4. (recommended) once in the Show All category, filter by color one by one as you complete step 5 (this will speed this up)

5. Sell each item  

This seems to speed up the computer, I have no idea why the Household inventory is connected to the computer 

Hopefully this helps till they do an actual patch for this

GOOD LUCK!!!

Message 24 of 61 (1,381 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I have no items in the family inventory and the delay is still there. Frown

Message 25 of 61 (1,339 Views)

Cant bring up menu when clicking on sims computer

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.134.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats & dogs city living discover university eco lifestyle get famous get to work get together island living seasons dine out outdoor retreat parenthood spa day strange ville vampires backyard stuff bowling night stuff cool kitchen stuff fitness stuff kids room stuff laundry day stuff luxury party stuff movie hangout stuff perfect patio stuff romantic garden stuff tiny living toddler stuff vintager glamour stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Click on any sim your are controlings computer and no menu will come up.
What happens when the bug occurs? No menu will apear to use the computer
What do you expect to see? I try to use the computer and nothing happens when I click on it.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Having problem with using computers in the sims 4. When I click on the computer nothing happens. I have taken out all custom content and mods and tried that but it was still the same.

Message 26 of 61 (1,208 Views)

Re: Cant bring up menu when clicking on sims computer

Hero
@victoriaFF1884 Does it just take a very long time as described here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Computer-pie-menu-takes-a-long-time-to-come-up/m-p... or does the time freeze as here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Time-Freezes-When-Any-Computer-on-any-Lot-is-Hover... ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 27 of 61 (1,194 Views)

★★★ Novice

I’m having this same problem. I installed the most recent patches and then eco-living so I’m not sure whether it was a patch or the expansion pack that caused it.  My computer menu takes about 30 seconds to appear (29.5 seconds too long) and my cpu fan kicks into hair dryer mode while waiting for the menu to appear.  I thought it was due to my hard drive needing to be defragged, but that did not resolve the issue.

Message 28 of 61 (1,314 Views)

★★★ Guide

I just had this happen too, when my Sim's inventory got duplicated into the household inventory (yay, another glitch).  The computer menu took quite a while to come up (~30 seconds).  Deleting everything (take that, 50+ lumps of clay!) from the inventory helped a lot, but there's still a small (2-3 second) delay.

Message 29 of 61 (1,288 Views)

Sim can't use computer

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.136.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have all games and am up to date with patches. There was no problem after the most recent patch.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try the steps below.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sim tries to click on the computer for work and nothing happens. I have tried other computers and tried going out to manage worlds (this works sometimes). I have moved the computer and tried using a brand new computer. Same issue.
What do you expect to see? My Sim is a freelancer. The computer is her job. I would like her to continue her work.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I don't know hot to attach screenshots or videos.  I don't know hot to capture them. I took a picture and video but can't find them to attach.  Obviously I am a senior citizen,  I have played Sims since the first version.  (I would love to have a theme park again.)  

I don't have anything relative to attach.  I am going to attach something that has nothing to do with Sims just to submit this report.  I am starting to get frustrated.

Message 30 of 61 (1,291 Views)